BC Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Tommy Coyote

Jon Katz has a new border collie puppy

His name is Gus and he doesn't weigh 9 pounds. He is putting him on sheep and writing about it.

He did good this last time. The first time the sheep ran over him.

Poor Gus. and the scary thing is that readers don't know there is anything wrong with this.

And at the bottom of the page he asks for donations.

I am on my phone so can't post a link but just put in Bedlam Farm and it comes right up.

I WAS WRONG. HE ISN'T A BORDER COLLIE. Thank goodness.

:lol: Gus isn't a border collie:

"I'm not sure exactly what happened, since Boston Terriers are not herding dogs and don't have the herding eye." (http://www.bedlamfarm.com/)

After seeing that in the last post on the home page, I searched "Gus." He's definitely not a border collie. Look at the portrait in the 8/7 entry. http://www.bedlamfarm.com/?s=gus

You are right. The picture on my phone was so little he looked like like a BC puppy. I take care of a Boston and mostly she just like to chase things. But she backs down in a hurry. The cats just stand and stare at her and she is careful to go around them. But she does like to chase.

He said he had an imported dog from Wales named Faith. Is that dog a border collie? Has he given up on border collies?

Boy, that would be great news. I always feel so sorry for his dogs.

And his books are pretty big sellers. Or they used to be. If he is asking for donations maybe they don't sell so well anymore.

According to his blogs, he has an imported border collie named Fate who's from Wales.

I didn't read a lot so may have missed it, but didn't see any mentions of a dog named Faith.

Here's hoping he wreaks his havoc with something other than Border Collies.

I have to say that with the prodigious amount of drivel he puts out (who reads all.that.stuff anyway?) he does occasionally say something worthwhile but it's not worth wading through what isn't to find what little might be.

"Tremendous instinct but doesn'the like to push sheep around" - what does that mean? About as meaningful as "blazingly fast but doesn't like to run."

Fate was not imported from Wales. She was bred in the US from imported parents. Not that it matters, ultimately, but we may as well be accurate.

J.

Perhaps Julie is aware of what actually is the situation, and the rest of us can only surmise.

Here's hoping he wreaks his havoc with something other than Border Collies.

I have to say that with the prodigious amount of drivel he puts out (who reads all.that.stuff anyway?) he does occasionally say something worthwhile but it's not worth wading through what isn't to find what little might be.

"Tremendous instinct but doesn'the like to push sheep around" - what does that mean? About as meaningful as "blazingly fast but doesn't like to run."

Sue, your comment on running made me laugh. :-)

Here's hoping that something, anything, stops him from wreaking havoc with ANY dogs.

That man doesn't deserve to have a dog at all.

^^ Interesting.

I was only going on what he said in his blogs. After you posted this, Julie, just for curiosity's sake I went back and searched for "Wales." He mentions Fate's from Wales in at least 4 posts: http://www.bedlamfarm.com/?s=wales Is he fibbing?

He's certainly stretching the truth. I know who Fate's parents are and they are, indeed, both from Wales and imported to the US on separate occasions. Fate's dam was imported in whelp but Fate wasn't from that litter, she was from a later litter. Fate was bred and born right here in the good ol' USA. I know this for a fact because I had a littermate.

J.

Stretching the truth or, rather, ignorant or lying? I think if you stretch the truth that far, you've got to be ignorant of what you are claiming or outright lying. The truth only stretches so far before it's broken.

We all know that this individual doesn't have a clue what he is doing with dogs. So ignorance is a given.

But I would be willing to bet that he knows perfectly well that his dog was born in the USA. After all, he did not go to Wales to get the puppy, nor did he have her shipped here.

So, lying.

Not the worst of his poor characteristics by far.

Or it could just be his inept way of trying to say his dog is from Welsh lines. All you have to do is read his blog to know he's not a good writer. Why should anyone be surprised to find that his writing lacks veracity? And if you're not a good writer and no one is editing or fact checking you, then you can say what you want, the facts be damned. The dog's parents came from Wales, ergo the dog is from Wales--that's Katz's reality....

J.

Maybe that is Katz's "alternate facts"

How he ever got a book published is a mystery to me. It must be who you know, because you are right, Julie, he can't write his way out of a wet paper bag.