BC Boards
CptJack

Kiran's thread, as promised.

I think the odds of anyone saying 'I have/had/know a dog who looks just like that!' are probably pretty low :P

Temperament wise honestly, I don't know. He's just quintessentially dog. Not in a way that many dogs actually ever are, and he's definitely not done growing so I expect to see changes (and hope they're not the 'losing his mind' sort) but right now he's just like what you'd get if you threw every trait you'd ideally expect a dog to have into one animal and it somehow worked. It's WILD.

...and yeah, I adore this guy completely. I mean I adore them all completely, but he's just been so... good.

Another week, more photo spam.

3R4ghxmE0S7eLppYF5Up.jpg

3oT6bAUoDdUbKH4FF5Up.jpg

72VkxEuwZjFzc8RcF5Up.jpg

Ge8C5Ka0yrNKTAASF5Up.jpg

3BLzl6kDsNxPwv46F5Up.jpg

6kC4yVrleXYDR0uMF5Up.jpg

3c5utew3l6NtDuRyF5Up.jpg

My amusement for this week is everyone who meets me gives me this 'HE IS GOING TO BE ENORMOUS" spiel. He's 17 weeks old. He weighs about 19 lbs. No, probably he is not going to be huge.

My husband informed me that my photographs only captured HALF of Kiran's personality, so. Spamming more.

6ahuxc4S0jvIjv3tF5Up.jpg

7alyrEzJjSJOTPT9F5Up.jpg

KG7odtdr0Y92JoufF5Up.jpg

3OvaEvJWRl5z5bqcF5Up.jpg

7kkwynfNTaJAoxNXF5Up.jpg

Have those. Since he was nice enough to take them.

Everyone who has seen this puppy since he was 10 weeks old has said "OH MY GOD HE IS GOING TO BE HUGE".

He's 17 weeks old. We went to the vet today. He weighs 16 and a half pounds. Even *I* was starting to buy into the huge thing.

No.

4a6eCfJPC1Qg4cZBF5Up.jpg

Also juuuust about fell asleep at the vet's.

19 weeks, and he's kind of turning into a dog.

45wYi6Ess9z8WDuIF5Up.jpg

6elKMjffEUJ6AFHSF5Up.jpg

4NoycQuMQBOIt7w6F5Up.jpg

6WpUqgXEzFlRyMspF5Up.jpg

7oBaZz3IU88Ai5CYF5Up.jpgJust rollers; no one worry

jaQLzIpYcpB0BVFFF5Up.jpgHe's kind of insane.

70PnkY0DvEIHCANIF5Up.jpgBut awesome.

76tZLSw5fJ1knUnQF5Up.jpgI adore his ridiculous tail.

1bnFIIsvZpfOO4kBF5Up.jpgand weird ears.

2bknedprsTTbYHSwF5Up.jpg

He's just kind of perfect.

I was thinking the same thing ~ he's losing some puppiness and gaining some adultish attitude and looks.

Still cute, awfully cute. Is his tail a bit longer than might be normal for a dog that size, or is it just the photo?

Ruth & Gibbs

His tail is... normal length. Technically. It also has a 2" tuft of fur on the end that makes it ridiculous.

He's also growing into a very border collie-ish looking dog, at least insofar as structure goes. That could still change though.

It's mostly in the facial markings that I see ACD coming through.

He's also growing into a very border collie-ish looking dog, at least insofar as structure goes. That could still change though.

It's mostly in the facial markings that I see ACD coming through.

Pretty much, me too. I can see both in his behavior and appearance, in various ways. People involved in either or both breed pretty much the same.

General public? He's a beagle.

Which just cracks me up.

If I were taking a very quick look at him, I'd see beagle or beagle mix there. But anything longer than that I'd start to think cattle dog, or that ilk.

Ruth & Gibbs

In all honesty, he just confuses a lot of people. Half of the world seems to think he's about 10-12 weeks old and ergo huge, the other half thinks he's an adult small dog. BC people in general see BC (when actually watching him do stuff as opposed to stand around), ACD people see ACD, largely in his face, and yeah, the fading coloration/saddle make people see beagle/hound. The odd person for reasons that confound me REALLY think he's a GSD X.

Honestly, I just laugh - not mocking, but amused. I am going to quickly reach the point of responding to 'what is he?' with 'a dog' though, just because exhaustion. I'll make a point to do it kindly though :P

Mostly, he's just a great puppy. A slightly strange puppy sometimes but a great puppy.

And in fairness a LOT of what people sees also varies on what his ears are doing. Which is 'whatever I want, from dropped to completely pricked and since there are two ears in any combination therein.

"Are you SURE that dog isn't a beagle?"

With all due respect and recognition that any dog can and will stalk-

1m8JpXi39G5DD1MvF5Up.jpg

7I48mktmgfHFRYSqF5Up.jpg

2ZrZYx65a5Bl6p1bF5Up.jpg

31eNULy6p4TV4hJqF5Up.jpg

Pretty sure, yeah.

1brcQJmj3S9spD6yF5Up.jpg

n2H89LHnlQyvKeXKF5Up.jpg

4HfmIxSbXZjqWLaKF5Up.jpg

8olBnkrbmv09XQ44F5Up.jpg

6WQNuEa25ioBu7zsF5Up.jpg

3vc8ubBdCRM6Fj9CF5Up.jpg

7vyZilCBgYZlyX6wF5Up.jpg

Definitely stockier than the BC pup (and generally smaller, actually), but no where NEAR as blocky as most ACDs I've found. Definitely still a wonderfully good boy.

Tractor Supply Co may be interested in the 2nd shot!

His build is very collie looking to me, in the pics at least. I've seen some purebreds with the more barrel-like torso. (Had one myself actually.) But the ACD sure shows up in his facial markings. :)

Tractor Supply Co may be interested in the 2nd shot!

His build is very collie looking to me, in the pics at least. I've seen some purebreds with the more barrel-like torso. (Had one myself actually.) But the ACD sure shows up in his facial markings. :)

Ahahah. Now there's a thought! Maybe I'll offer it to them or post it on their FB page.

Yeah. I mean he's certainly got heavier bone than most BC pups I see at that age, but he's not even CLOSE to as stocky and heavy as an ACD pup. Especially his head, ironic as that is given how very, very, ACD those markings are. His nose just keeps coming out :P.

His temperament's still super, duper, nice and balanced, too but given the range of individual dogs I can't even begin to attribute that to any specific breed in there. Just GOOD PUPPY and nice mix of biddable, confident, forward, rough and tumble and fearless.

Especially his head, ironic as that is given how very, very, ACD those markings are. His nose just keeps coming out :P.

Yeah, the shape of his head doesn't scream ACD to me. Just the markings. . . . which are pretty darn cool!

Yeah, the shape of his head doesn't scream ACD to me. Just the markings. . . . which are pretty darn cool!

His markings and coloration is so neat. He's just a neat looking dog, period. Weird, mismatched, largely asymmetrical, I have no idea how he manages to be attractive, but somehow once you hit some measure of 'everything' going on it just kind of works for me :P

I bet there's more than a touch of his personality that makes his looks so appealing. He simply radiates 'good dog'.

R & G

I bet you're right. He's very sweet, very charming, and incredibly *earnest*.

and a very, very, good dog.