BC Boards
CptJack

Kiran's thread, as promised.

I love me some puppy spam! Never will complain about getting some more.

Well, you're in luck! ;-) His legs Just. Keep. Growing. It's grand.

3zx36K8ISXzgCN3jF5Up.jpg

7bI4GAsKcNX6dcBQF5Up.jpg

hQZCA1sW2QKhk4ICF5Up.jpg

1k9YMGiygRQJBj7OF5Up.jpg

68Pw5Iv40ndKF66sF5Up.jpg

dV6G6rvrgFe4prCkF5Up.jpg

2E2mOxqmMNaYg2SdF5Up.jpg

Love the last photo! He is fast heading towards the leggy puppy stage.

Edited to add: Is it my imagination, or does his face look more BC from one side, and more ACD from the other?

Love the last photo! He is fast heading towards the leggy puppy stage.

Edited to add: Is it my imagination, or does his face look more BC from one side, and more ACD from the other?

Not your imagination. Obviously his facial structure is symmetrical but if I take profile shots from different sides I honest to god look like I have two different dogs - and one of them's way more BC and the other's way more ACD. He's like a rorschach puppy.

My Oscar has a symmetrical white face but two different colour eyes. If you block one side of his face and then the other, it often looks like he has two totally different expressions. That was why I noticed it. I do love the eccentricities of the more unusual marked dogs.

I love the description Rorschach puppy. I may have to steal, er, borrow that one.

New favorite ~ the Hover Puppy one you just posted. And I love that spot on the left side of his head, an inch or so above his left eye.

Thanks so much for all the pix, Cpt. Jack. I won't be having a second dog for a while, so I get to vicariously enjoy the puppy stage this way!

Ruth & Gibbs

I'm having a good time getting to know him. He's definitely a pretty good mix of what I'd expect of a cattle dog and what I'd expect of a BC.

He's smart, eager, a little bit headstrong/opinionated but not in a bad way. He is highly, HIGHLY food motivated, learns fast, really likes tug and chasing toys, but doesn't quite get the point of bringing them back. Sleeps through the night, is more or less housebroken (he occasionally gets involved in hard play and just piddles where he is, but he's also 12 weeks old, you know?), has more or less stopped the puppy mouthing nonsense. Is cautious about some things but responds to that caution by sitting down and watching or going to investigate it without any interference or coaxing and gains confidence amazingly fast - or gets bored and dismisses them. The one time he got seriously startled (skateboard flew past his nose) he ran off and then came, sat in my lap, watched them retreating and proceeded not to care about it at all (They were doing laps around a walking trail). Really likes people and is sweet and friendly but gets sick of them in fairly short order - unless they're us or a kid, in which case it's all love, all the time. Cuddly in small doses, but not clingy. Likes other dogs in general and enjoys playing with them, tends to lay down when intimidated and, again, watch. Dogs getting too rough with him are more likely to result in him telling them off than yelping and running, but. Well, that's about what I'd expect.

He's just, so far, a very sensible, stable, well balanced, moderate, really good puppy that I enjoy a LOT.

4ZiSVUmHDsaWWueSF5Up.jpg

I only kept this one because his ears made me laugh.

1akAC1eRpiQx7KsdF5Up.jpg

5B9LFphNm3uoUNi7F5Up.jpg

4M7zJyNyjOneEs69F5Up.jpg

1oB1MA6Zzq3SAbZEF5Up.jpg

49OfIH1O5JNkTaW4F5Up.jpg

n4oPHkZHaU5ZrA9MF5Up.jpg

4sIicVyet9V0b1UUF5Up.jpg

That had a ball before Molly happened. Amazingly it's still ball like.

Love the close-ups. Thanks for the puppy fix. He is a doll.

He is a really, really, *good* boy.

He also graduated to Jack (the RT I lost to cancer a few days after he came home)'s collar and it. Is making me amazingly happy.

MLp1ZC13DaBNS9toF5Up.jpg

5GrUpI9GuvpHV4IWF5Up.jpg

6RIUmcKpTLMibkMOF5Up.jpg

He's also making Molly's life difficult.

7og2YUd2hbB1QBHsF5Up.jpg

Oh soooo cute. [A little late, as I haven't been on the Boards much.]

I'm glad he is so good and well-balanced. Did you find him locally?

Maybe I can meet him at the fall NADAC trial. 😊

Oh soooo cute. [A little late, as I haven't been on the Boards much.]

I'm glad he is so good and well-balanced. Did you find him locally?

Maybe I can meet him at the fall NADAC trial.

I actually got him from Brunswick County, which I didn't even know existed until him. Long day, but not so far that it took multiples.

He will totally be at the fall trial, and you should definitely meet him. He's a sweetheart of a puppy and would definitely enjoy it. He's gone to some agility stuff already (just a vt run star city hosted and some practices/lessons) and had a good time.

C8leeij63DBNkTJEF5Up.jpg

15 weeks - and if the caption of that picture for him isn't "I AM A GOOD BOY" I don't know what is. He's a doll.

5frHYtE23XdxrqW8F5Up.jpg

Learning to like water. (I know he looks worried but he was very, very willing to follow me out for babyfood).

Thanks, guys. He continues to be the best dog ever - at least one of the more confident and tolerant ones, at this age. He's also suddenly gone from kind of moderately interested in training and play to really excited about it. It's lovely and makes me laugh.

2lBHTCVLUKIvuJZiF5Up.jpg

3iVFN7Fieym9DUbtF5Up.jpg\

3Fab5P30xjEu75d1F5Up.jpg

5MXBKKcBQbQPShndF5Up.jpg

Though between the creeping tan and general puppy awkwardness he is one WEIRD looking puppy right now.

Saddle back sable maybe?

I really think he's going to land there. I'm not sure it'll be complete, but his tan is spreading FAST and he's only just started changing coat.

He is... a wild looking puppy. Even when his ears just flop sideways instead of doing really nutty things in their attempt to stand.

Some sables will always be more darkly shaded, so even if he doesn't turn really light in the lighter areas, that may be what he is.

Definitely one interesting looking guy you've got there. :D

Some sables will always be more darkly shaded, so even if he doesn't turn really light in the lighter areas, that may be what he is.

Definitely one interesting looking guy you've got there. :D

He's just trying really hard to cram every possible color, pattern, and marking possible on his body at once. Is that so wrong?

Congrats on your new addition!!!

He is beautiful!!!!

You know, after mocking him like 2 days ago:

1hOl2rkK4wCZvOKZF5Up.jpg

gO1pswkR78KvHKrPF5Up.jpg

OpeixfHZfttH5cbVF5Up.jpg

3Yw7W4sNzZEGLh00F5Up.jpg

I guess he's pretty okay.

These pictures are terrible, but.

He found an underwater rock to stand on.

Then leapt off.

6Z7TTDMr180teFevF5Up.jpg

16qXoOWf6Wa1HEZKF5Up.jpgDork.

I REALLY do not need another puppy (4 BCs in a suburban home is enough) but my gosh Kiran makes me want one.

I suspect you have got an absolutely unique dog on your hands, in coat and temperament. I can also see how much you love him, and you are both very lucky to have found each other.

I am so enjoying being a spectator to your love affair.