BC Boards

Petsmart buys Chewy

I cannot have an argument with anyone who is refusing to support a company whose practices they dislike. That is a personal prerogative, and should be a valuable one to wield.

However, I doubt that it wields much any more. There are probably no more than four or five actual corporations in this country, if that, and they are all gargantuan and they own and control all the other companies that people like to think are independent. The same corporation also owns several companies which appear to be independent and in competition with one another, but it is all a sham.

My bet is that if you could know who is really controlling the companies whose products you probably buy every day, and you knew what their business practices are here and abroad, you would want to boycott them, but if you did you'd not be able any longer to buy anything you are accustomed to buying. Everywhere you would turn would be a company you would not want to support.