BC Boards
CptJack

My collar addiction continues - and becomes more ridiculous

4Wl4K0l8EUA6qiZgF5Up.jpg

I know, I know, it's the least practical thing ever. And lacks all tastefulness and understated is the opposite of what it is, but I LOVE THIS THING.

7DybZnwVecjvsPvlF5Up.jpg
It's so bright and sparkly!

At least I have more practical sense when it comes to my house, car, and actual clothes? Because apparently SHINY and ALL THE COLORS are enough and I'm actually a magpie.

Ya got me, Capt. Jack. Shiny is my favorite color. And MIXED shiny, such as posted above . . . Is the BEST ever. Where did you get it? Gibbs needs one.

Ruth and Gibbs

I'm so glad I'm not alone in my love of shiny.

It came from Ella's lead. It was admittedly expensive, but the leather quality is crazy good. ike that collar is going to not only out last the dog, it's going to outlast me, my kids, and possibly my grandkids. The STONES may suffer, but it is a serious piece of work leather.

...also I lusted after it for 3 years - yeah, before Molly was even born. It's been a STRONG want for a long, long time. (Because SHINY)

OMG I think I need sunglasses to look at that collar! What an amazing piece. I can understand how it brought out your magpie instincts.

OMG I think I need sunglasses to look at that collar! What an amazing piece. I can understand how it brought out your magpie instincts.

It's even more ridiculously bright in real life. Sun makes that thing glow, sparkle, and throw off light like mad. I ADORE it.

I see so many awesome collars out there: braided colored leather, leather with conchos, etc.

But all my dogs are too darn hairy to see any collar I put on them.

That thing is sooooo kitch it becomes awsome!

My older daughter absolutely loves kitch, she has an ironic mind and a thing for garish colourfull sentimental things. She would absolutely aprove of that collar. Probably would wear it herself.

Garish, but beautiful on Molly. Smooth-coated dogs are great models for showing off gorgeous collars.

I have always been a bit jealous of the greyhound/whippet folks who have such elegant collars. And the awesomeness is even more pronounced because the collars are 2 - 3 inches wide so one can get really creative with materials and design.

As far as spending the $$: if you have listed after it for 3 years, you should have bought it. No guilt. I will try to wait for a week, a month or a year, and if I still really, really want to splurge, I will. But I often find that after a month or so, the desire for a specific item wiil dissipate.

Having said that, I also bought a colored leather collar about 6 months ago that I had been eyeing on Etsy for over a year.

I love having a smooth coated dog - and a mostly black one - for collars. It makes things fun.

It is absolutely garish which is part of why I waited quite as long as I did. Normally I'd crack after a year or so ;-) This one I kept going 'BUT REALLY?!'. Apparently, really, because I have no regrets about it and truly love the thing on her. It just makes me happy and cheerful to see.

But I'm still glad for someone outside me to spell that out for me because I was obviously going back down the slippery slope of 'I spent how much on a DOG COLLAR?' guilt.

And congrats on YOUR new collar, too. What color did you get?

Obviously, your dog does not have the opportunity to roll in cow poop, fox poop, unidentified poop, and decaying remains, or get sprayed by skunks. Here on the farm, our collars are the very plain and practical vinyl that washes clean no matter what, and is cheap should something just not be wash-off-able.

But yours certainly is bright, shiny, and pretty!

Well no cows, but lots of deer, and wild animals and dead things and skunks rivers and lakes. We effectively live in the woods.

There's no way she's wearing that thing in daily life around the house. It's jewelry - and jewelry for me. Her normal collar is a LITTLE fancy - but it's very cleanable and wearable (basically black leather with some flat, well fastened, decorations). She's worn it daily for about 2 years, and it's cleaned often - of course I don't intentionally let he wear it in water, but that's about it.

This is a case of ME wanting and having some opportunity to use. Daily tramping around, no, but it'll get some use all the same and make me happy in it.

Though I really don't care for jeweled or wide collars, that collar looks great on Molly. It just seems to click. :)

Obviously, your dog does not have the opportunity to roll in cow poop, fox poop, unidentified poop, and decaying remains, or get sprayed by skunks. Here on the farm, our collars are the very plain and practical vinyl that washes clean no matter what, and is cheap should something just not be wash-off-able.

But yours certainly is bright, shiny, and pretty!

My dogs rarely wear collars on the farm, but they all have their "town collars."

Though I really don't care for jeweled or wide collars, that collar looks great on Molly. It just seems to click. :)

My dogs rarely wear collars on the farm, but they all have their "town collars."

I was really not sure about the width OR all those colors and sparkles being on a dog, but seems like she can pull it off. Probably because she's so plain herself. Not unpretty just not a lot of busyness in her markings or colors.

And yes, exactly. It's a dress up collar ;-) I'll likely use it for out and about to events where collars are allowed - ie: not agility trials, but lure coursing, park trips, and the like. Also photos. Because it's *PRETTY* and I'm a magpie :P

Love it! I'm not one for quite that much bling, but it works for her.

My dogs also have their "good" fancy leather collars. Surprisingly enough, they've been quite sturdy out and about in everyday life on the farm and in the woods/swamp/poop rolling. Kenzi has worn hers about 50% of the time for the past 3 years and it's still in excellent condition with the occasional cleaning and conditioning

I am all for it. And having a husband who makes leather collars I can ask for anything:

17545289_10209920355783385_6419123660970

1474659_402108216586621_2046246706_n.jpg374498_402108146586628_143851445_n.jpg?o