BC Boards

Getting a new pup (pics)! Name ideas needed.

I can hardly believe it, but I am lucky enough to be getting another border collie in my life. Solo's breeder and one of my best friends had another litter of pups, and I was able to be there for the whelping (which about a week and a half ago), which was so cool. These pups are cousins to Solo. His dad (not owned by my friend but bred by her) is the brother to the mom of these pups.

I was on the list for a girl, and what do you know, Star (mom) had 2 girls and 4 boys. My friend is keeping the other girl, so I won't know which I am getting until the puppies get older and she decides who will be the best choice for her. It doesn't matter to me - both puppies are amazing!

The first is a split face black and white, and the other is too I guess but with a patch over the left eye and it's a tricolor.

Last pic is of me with the girls while Star was outside stretching her legs and going potty. They were 2 days old in the picture.

Name ideas welcome! The latest one I like is Luna, and since the mom is named Star, I thought it was a neat connection. The only thing that stops me is that I like to watch Kristin Crestejo and she has a Luna.

post-18456-0-92153100-1479257501_thumb.jpg

post-18456-0-66106300-1479257541_thumb.jpg

post-18456-0-89842100-1479257626_thumb.jpg

post-18456-0-73811800-1479258094_thumb.jpg

post-18456-0-06389600-1479258202_thumb.jpg

post-18456-0-88774200-1479258429_thumb.jpg

I like leia. So like han solo and princess leia.

I thought about this! I also thought about Rey.

Congrats! I love mom's happy clown face: 'I made these!'

Good luck with everything!

We named our girl Abbey (after Abbey Rd from the Beatles)

Our 'back-up' girl name was: Lex/Lexie

Mom was exactly like that, too. She did a great job. Lex is a name that I considered, because I was thinking of the name Galaxy. Mom is named Star (she was born on Christmas day), Solo is from Star Wars ... Galaxy shortened to Lex. Maybe!