BC Boards
Donald McCaig

Pres

Dear Doggers,

Standing around before church when this pup appeared. The street dogs I saw in Haiti looked better. No collar, nobody who cared so I scooped him up and drove home. I asked Anne: "Can you take care of him?"

"Sure," she said.

I got back to church in time for Congregational prayers. This is what Pres looked like and this is where he sleeps. Smart dog: came to church to be saved.

Donald McCaig

post-2366-0-25189800-1473081079_thumb.jpg

post-2366-0-95684500-1473081096_thumb.jpg

Many thank yous for helping this pup. Fingers crossed that he returns to health. [i know you will do your best, but he looks in very bad shape.]

Poor little thing! Bless you and Anne for opening your hearts and home to him.

Probably a long shot but have the vet scan him for a microchip while you are there.

He is one lucky dog to have found you. Please keep us updated, especially with photos.

Oh my gosh, that poor little thing! :( I'm so glad Providence delivered him to you. Bless his little heart. Please keep us posted as to what the vet has to say. I bet he has a load of worms, too. Bless you and Ann for taking him in! You may have given him the first really good night's sleep he's had in who knows how long. :wub:

~ Gloria

I agree that this is one smart dog to go to church - and to go to your church. If I could only remember the characters' names from the bible stories I remember, I could suggest a great name. Lazarus is the only one that comes to mind - and Laz for short.

Dear Doggers,

Yes, Pres for Presbyterian. My sheepdogs are calvinists but I wouldn't want to put him through THAT. Vet said: healthy tho starved, No lyme, no heartworm , no worms!!! (wormed him anyway) rabies shot, bring him back in two weeks when he's a little stronger for his puppy shots. He's at least 6 months old: 20 pounds. He's also not bad at the vet and glad to be home.

Donald

Great ending of the pup's tribulations and a new beginning. Pres is a perfect name for him :) and I am sure lots of tasty stuff will be coming his way.

All the best to you and your Wife!

Maja

Dear Doggers,

Since he's old enough we decided to begin his housetraining. I get up at 3:30 and let all the dogs out to empty, then write until 6:30 when its light enough to let them out again and do morning chores. Anne stays up later than I and rises later so she popped Pres in a crate about 11?

Hounds are very good howlers which he continued long after most dogs would have given up and slept. So at 3:30 I took him out noticing a pee OUTSIDE his crate. Looked like a gyp pee but only Peg was loose and she's never once peed in the house. Protest?

Took him out and he didn't do anything so I started to put him back in the crate when I noticed he'd shat all over it and some of that howling was having to lie in it all night. Took him into the shower to sluice him off and let him stay loose. I'll get the crate later.

Like Vicki Hearne said, "Dog rescue is a dirty business."

Donald McCaig

Like Vicki Hearne said, "Dog rescue is a dirty business."

Donald McCaig

:lol::lol:

Ain't that the truth.

Also: "Puppy anatomy 101: Pups consist of pee and poo." (Well, ok I actually use somewhat different vocabulary :) )

Dear Doggers,

Pooped outdoors twice (of six) yesterday. Anne spends a lot fo time on the porch reading while she explores. Fortunately - she says - she has lots of good books to read.

Donald McCaig

Pooped outdoors twice (of six) yesterday.

Bravo for Pres!

I missed it, Pres is a she?

(well, that's one real proper puppy update - pupdate, which is usually poopdate <3 )