BC Boards

Made the dreaded appointment

LauraV

Hugs to you Laura. Having gone thru the experience less than three months ago my heart breaks extra hard for you. I had an in home vet and it was the best experience possible for us to get thru a wretching experience. Hugs

Hugs to you Laura. Having gone thru the experience less than three months ago my heart breaks extra hard for you. I had an in home vet and it was the best experience possible for us to get thru a wretching experience. Hugs

Yourself and D'elle have indirectly helped me with this decision. I want to personally thank you for sharing your experience, because it is helping me more than you know.

I'm so sorry, Laura. You know that I just went through this with Jester. It is the only bad part of loving dogs, that they do not live long enough. My thoughts are with you. It is heart rending to make this decision, yet when it is the right time to do it, it is the last loving gift that you make to your dog. I wish peace to you both, and will be thinking of you on Saturday.....

I'm so sorry, Laura. You know that I just went through this with Jester. It is the only bad part of loving dogs, that they do not live long enough. My thoughts are with you. It is heart rending to make this decision, yet when it is the right time to do it, it is the last loving gift that you make to your dog. I wish peace to you both, and will be thinking of you on Saturday.....

Your story has helped me in this decision. So I want to personally thank you. I'm spending a lot of extra time with him before Saturday. I'm so nervous, but I know it is the right thing. But I'm happy he will be at peace in his bed, in his home. I love him so much. I saw him running in his sleep and knowing he will be able to run again when he gets to the bridge makes me smile.

Having recently gone thru this, the decision-making process, anticipation, and aftermath were much worse than the actual event. My dog simply fell asleep while doing what she loved most-eating. I can say with complete certainty that she experienced no anxiety or fear--that burden was transferred to me.