BC Boards
Sign in to follow this  
border_collie_crazy

long time no update- my old lady Happy!

I haven't really posted much here in forever, but Happy deserves and update since I have been a member here since she was a tot! Happy, if you can believe it is going to be 16 years old this coming October! she is doing extremely well, she did have some Kidney issues for about a year and half, diagnosed at stage one kidney disease, however as of last November, all the signs of kidney disease just..stopped..and all her test results came back clear and healthy. its unclear what exactly the deal with that is, but... her kidneys are perfectly healthy now, so I am not complaining. she was diagnosed at the most recent check up with a mild heart murmur, but its not affecting her in any way. otherwise she just has arthritis in her rear legs, and doesn't really hear anything, she still runs like crazy, jumps around and has no problem with 2 hours walks and hikes , 3 hours is pushing it and I have to carry her on occasion for a walk that long, but I think that's fair lol

post-2754-0-24039400-1462415386_thumb.jpg

post-2754-0-74748800-1462415408_thumb.jpg

post-2754-0-70155100-1462415424_thumb.jpg

post-2754-0-77293800-1462415443_thumb.jpg

post-2754-0-38042900-1462415470_thumb.jpg

post-2754-0-47170900-1462415487_thumb.jpg

Oh, what a darling old thing! She looks fabulous! My old thing lived to be 14 and never lost his sense of fun, even though he lost his hearing as well, and got a bit stove up in the hind end. :P Whatever her secret to long life is, you are both so blessed. Please throw the ball a couple times for me! :wub:

~ Gloria

Hey, it's good to get an update! Happy looks great. I joined this board maybe ten years ago, when you used to post a lot, so I sure remember Happy. My old gal Daisy is still chugging along too.

thanks everyone :) Hap is the best, its always weird when I get those Facebook "on this day" things because only 5 years ago, I had an COMPLETELY different set of dogs, Happy is the only dog in common, and she was the original member of my pack.

Shoresdogs- how old is Daisy now?

It's wonderful to see the good old girl. 16 is old old for my past dogs, only one of 3 made it that far. She sounds very healthy and happy for her age.

Well, Daisy joined the family as a rescue in January 2005. At that time our vet estimated that she was 1-2 years old, and probably about 18 months. We assigned her a birthday of July 4th, 2003. So she's almost 13 years old, getting grey in the muzzle, but still having a lot of fun. And she *always* beats the other dogs to a tossed frisbee.