BC Boards

C-ATCH Tessa!!!

We did it!!! On Sunday Tessa and I earned the last Q that we need for our CPE Agility Trial Championship Title!!!!!!! :)

I am so proud of my girl! We both worked very hard for this for 4+ years (longer, with the training!). She put her heart into it every step of the way, and she rose to meet every challenge that was thrown at her.

Here is our C-ATCH run. I was hoping it would be Snooker at Periland and it was!!!!

Someone here said a few weeks ago that a championship should mean something. I could write an entire book about what this one means! :)

Thank you!! :D

The requirements differ from venue to venue. For CPE, our venue of choice, you have to complete all titles through Level 4 before going for the C-ATCH title. Tessa and I started at Level 1, although you don't technically have to. But she and I, as a team, really needed to.

There are seven categories in CPE - Standard (regular numbered course), Jumpers (numbered course, only jumps and tunnels), Colors (two short courses are set out in the ring - you pick one and run it without going off course onto the other), Wildcard (one numbered course with three discriminations, you have to complete the discriminations as the rules call for at your level), Fullhouse (a points game with minimum points earned on certain categories of equipment), Jackpot (a points game that usually includes some kind of distance challenge), and Snooker (a strategy game that tests the ability of the dog and handler to stay united as a team).

The number of Q's you need in each category to progress to the next level increase at each level, and the difficult increases as you go along (need more points, run longer courses with more challenges, more distance in the gambles, etc.) After you get through Level 4, you complete Level 5 to earn the C-ATCH title.

That's what we just did! For us it was a total of 120 Q's from Level 1 to C-ATCH!!! :D

We ran our rear ends off - especially these last two years! When we got to the upper levels we had to find speed, we had to master discriminations, we had to master some measure of distance, and then - once Tessa realized it was fun to run at a distance, we had to work out the balance between distance and working closer (some Snooker courses are TIGHT!!).

It was a lot of fun, but I know that is because Tessa is such an awesome teammate!! To this day she and I are learning and working and growing as a team.