Prayers please

jvw

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So very sorry to hear this. They are never with us long enough. May Tyra enjoy all the wonderful food and I hope you are able to spend those last few hours in the sunshine.

"We do this because we love them that much." Wise words from Debbie Crowder that have stuck with me.

I'm sorry for you but grateful you've had each other, and that you are unselfishly putting her first.

So I think this may be the last I write on this because I feel I'm taking you all on this crazy roller coaster ride!

Last night Tyra's face exploded! So much junk came out of that "tumor". So, it seems it is a big infection. On our way to the vet right now. Today will not be THE day. Talk about an eleventh hour stay!!!

I cannot express how grateful I am for all the concern, good thoughts, and prayers. Thank you

Ok, so it turns out that there must have been a pocket inside her cheek from the original tumor removal. Food got in there and rotted. The first time it happened (the first return of lump after surgery that disappeared on its own) the body must have been able to deal with it. But it kept happening and the giant lump appeared (what we thought was tumor return). It got so bad that it exploded outside. All the clumps that came out were likely old rotted food, hence the awful smell. But we only figured it out when part of a green bean from last night popped out the outside hole!

So she is on antibiotics and I'm to keep using warm compress to drain the abscess. Only give her pureed food. We go back in Thursday morning and they will go in and clean it out and try to figure out a way to close it up better from the inside.

So rotted food better than tumor!

Also, he thinks the smaller harder lump under her jaw bone is scar tissue. He might try to get a sample when she is under on Thursday. But at this point it is not our main concern since we know she has melanoma and it will spread. The main objective is just to give her the most comfort with the current situation.

She is bright and happy and bouncy and smiling today!

Please don't leave us hanging. Keep us updated on Tyra's progress - the good and the bad.

In this case, IMHO, the abscess is a good thing. I was having a hard time believing that the cancer had come back so strongly and so fast. As someone else said, Yay for pus. Pus can be good. ;-) The body has intelligently walled off a noxious substance to protect itself.

Good luck.

I never thought I'd be happy to read about an exploding tumour...but I am.. I hope that you and Tyra have many more happy days...and please keep us all posted. We don't mind 'walking the walk' with you.

Been applying hot compresses all day. Its pretty much cleared out. The nasty smell is all gone. She's pretty miffed the pork chops have stopped!

We'll see what it looks like in the morning