BC Boards

Prayers please

jvw

I often think dogs often know more than we realize. Celt, who has never been clingy but who has been very devoted, has actually sought out contact in recent months - but still no kisses, please! He's older and he recently underwent surgery for liver cancer. He's never been a sociable dog (although he has always done some cuddling with my husband) but has, for him, almost become a social butterfly this last year.

I can't decide if they know more than we realize or if they are oblivious and just living life in the moment. Or know more and decide to live life in the moment. I think we can learn a lesson from them.

Very best wishes to you and Tyra, however things progress. You've both been blessed to have each other through everything.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was debating with myself this morning if the extra touch is something she is allowing for my benefit as some awesome last memories or if she herself is needing it or it is some higher power giving it for both of us....... deep thoughts

Whatever is going on I do think she is telling me it is soon. (And still hoping for that very very very slim chance that she will just peacefully go to sleep and not wake up when it is time)

jvw, I am so sorry. As you know, I am going through the journey of coming closer to the end with my Jester. With him, of course, it is age and not tumors, which I think makes it easier on me than what you are going through.

Don't ave any words of wisdom, but want you to know that I am thinking of you and Tyra.You and she have both been lucky to have each other.

D'Elle

Tumors are growing and spreading like lightening now. Can tell the difference from checking in morning and then evening. LOTS of facial rubbing and now sneezing. We have a big graduation party tomorrow. Hope we can get thru that ok. Have her back on tramadol just in case it is pain and not just discomfort. I have made contact with Lap of Love to schedule something for early next week.

Tyra had a wonderful time at the party. Despite the terrible heat she spent several stints outside hanging with the crowd. Late, when it was just the kids left she INSISTED on hanging/sleeping in the room where they were. I could not get her to go out to go potty before I went to sleep. Finally I physically tried to get her up and she got cranky with me. She just wanted to stay with those kids. But task accomplished and she spent the night with kids sleeping over. She's a happy gal.

I realized despite 15 years together I do not have a single picture of me and her. Billions of pictures with her. None together. I tried to take some selfies of us but she would not cooperate. So when my friend was over yesterday she took some pics of us. Tyra hated it and we could not get a really good one. But at least I have something.

She has never really bothered my flower gardens. But on Friday she began voraciously eating one of my Echinaceas. Like a goat!! I took video because it was so unbelievable. She went back at it again on Saturday morning. She must instinctively know its good for her (I think!)

Tomorrow at 3:00 is her appointment.