BC Boards

Dog Parkour

Can't remember when I last saw a table in a course. They aren't used any more in the UK because of the impossibility of accurate timing. When thousandths of a second can separate the placings it's a significant issue.

I used to use "table" for getting up on anything flat.

Can't remember when I last saw a table in a course. They aren't used any more in the UK because of the impossibility of accurate timing. When thousandths of a second can separate the placings it's a significant issue.

Yes. Hoping for this for US courses. I know there has been some discussion among the groups who review/change the rules for the various venues, but I don't know how close they are to a decision.

In AAC, the table is only present in Starters & Advanced standard courses, not Masters. Plus I believe they're switching to electronic timing on those. A down used to be required for the judge to begin counting previously, but now that the timer is pressure-activated, a specific position is no longer required. (Yay!)

At this point, my only plans for Bandit are CPE and NADAC. There is no table at all in NADAC, and in CPE it only shows up at the end of some of the games, and all the dog has to do is put one single foot on it. So, sending him to it to put four paws on it is perfectly fine. That's what Tessa does.

I do like for my dog to get on it and "plant" there. I don't want to teach him to run across it. So, if "table" means - put four paws on and pause . . . that is perfect!!

I think it will be fine, but if it isn't, I'll just have to give Bandit a new table cue. No big.

P.S. He got his Training Level Title!! :D On to Novice!!

• 4 weeks later...

A new venue is starting up called "All Dogs Parkour". I like this one because there are a lot of choices as to which behaviors you actually have the dog do.

For this one, you have to complete 12 behaviors total (the variety of behaviors required increases as you go up the levels) at one single location, and there are more advanced exercises above the first couple of levels.

I like it a lot. I think I like it better than the International Association, although I still plan to work on some of their stuff.

Anyway, entries open in All Dogs Parkour tomorrow!

This is going to be Dean's first entry.