BC Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Root Beer

My former puppy!!

Yeah, I am waiting to see how Kiefer's chest fills out. He is still very, very lean. About 21" and 36/37 lbs. When I took him to the rehab vet [not because anything was wrong, but more for her to get her hands on him for a baseline and to see if she could detect anything that might be a concern.]. She called him Gumby, because he was so flexible. His joints could be manipulated much further than normal, but she said it could be due to his young age. She also commented on his skinny chest and said she would like to see a wider chest. I am hoping that as he matures his chest will broaden. [He's about 20 months old now.]

Interestingly, when he stands, he has a skinny-looking chest, but when sitting, his chest looks much broader.

If he's anything like Bandit (and I know genetics can make for a wide variety even in brothers), one day it will just be there . . .

Funny thing is that Juniper has more of a barrel shaped chest and Roy had a very masculine chest. IOW, neither has a narrow chest. I've known many relatives on both sides of the family tree. Not a one is narrow. One of these days, the pups' chests will spring out. At least they should, based on genetics.