BC Boards

Thought I'd start a picture thread in here for pictures of Livi, since hopefully I'll be taking a lot of them. :) But.. the forum does not like my files, and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to put a photo from Flickr into a post. Would someone be so kind as to enlighten me? I'll happily repay you with puppy photos!

Use the share option (the curved arrow icon) and select BBC. There should be a link that comes up that you can copy and paste. It will already have the correct code for the forum here so just paste it - don't select the image option here or it won't work.

Hope that helps!

Awesome, thank you! I was trying everything but just couldn't seem to find it. Here goes...

22670626406_9ea3dcc0c5_z.jpgIMG_20151101_152456988 by birdofpray, on Flickr

Bat-dog found a stick in the backyard.

22670635176_e63460404f_z.jpgIMG_20151101_152321835 by birdofpray, on Flickr

Taking a break after a game of chase with my oldest, whose feet are behind her. I was supervising closely and I'm happy to say that there was no nipping, although I told him any time she got close to his feet to stop for a moment and take a break. I'll keep watching when puppy and kids are together, but the only problem so far is her over-enthusiasm when greeting them. And for that matter, for a puppy her age she settles down pretty quickly.

22670646706_c641245fd9_z.jpgIMG_20151101_201051017 by birdofpray, on Flickr

She got the zoomies last night and I asked her where her toy was. She went the box and got it, and we played for a while. Smart puppy!

Excuse the photo spam. I pulled out my real camera this morning instead of the cell phone camera. The light is a little low since it was early and foggy, but I got some decent shots anyway.

22685044916_991fdb00e5_z.jpgIMG_8764 by birdofpray, on Flickr

22697688412_5c152e7aa0_z.jpgIMG_8768 by birdofpray, on Flickr

22523281680_11b6bb6ba2_z.jpgIMG_8775 by birdofpray, on Flickr

22711199625_a9fd7298e0_z.jpgIMG_8777 by birdofpray, on Flickr

22722313711_eb83ca0119_z.jpgIMG_8796 by birdofpray, on Flickr

22697538772_242f49bd00_z.jpgIMG_8800 by birdofpray, on Flickr

Yeah, I'm not seeing Aussie yet either. She could be all BC, for all anyone knows, if there happened to be a male in the right place at the right time. She could be half anything, really. Whatever she is, she's pretty cute and she suits us well so far. She's got her first vet visit with us scheduled on Thursday, and we'll see if they can pinpoint her age any better. Three weeks ago the rescue told me she was 3-4 months, and maybe we won't ever get a more accurate idea than that. But I'm curious anyway.

There are people on this board that can look at her and tell pretty closely what her age is. She looks more like 3 months to me. She is still really puppy.

There are people on this board that can look at her and tell pretty closely what her age is. She looks more like 3 months to me. She is still really puppy.

I'd take any guesses anyone wants to make. :) Her house training doesn't seem to be quite as far along as I had thought, which seems to say she might be a little younger. Or it could just be the adjustment to a new house. Whatever the case, if I take my eyes off of her it's not unlikely there will be an accident. So for now if I can't keep my eyes on her completely, she's in the crate. That was one thing I was looking forward to about an older dog: not having to start potty training from scratch! But she's pretty cute, so I think I'll survive. :)

I don't think house training is at all an indication of age. The rate that they learn it at varies wildly from dog to dog. I was going to say she looked closer to four months, but I have less experience with that sort of thing.

Back to cell phone photos. I think we broke the puppy today.

22539416570_bd55c14f47_z.jpgIMG_20151102_152329644 by birdofpray, on Flickr

She spent an hour or so totally sacked out in the living room while the kids were resting (2 to 4 p.m. is mandatory quiet time around here). Didn't twitch a muscle.

22738528811_7dca9ac249_z.jpgIMG_20151102_165151489 by birdofpray, on Flickr

And then she conked out again while I was making dinner (I might have taken a break to admire the cuteness once I got the pizza in the oven).

I was really expecting a lot more in the way of crazy puppy energy. It may just be the honeymoon period, but while she does get zoomies and tear around the yard, and she tries to jump on anyone newly arrived, she's pretty laid back on the whole.

Very cute. You really won't be able to tell much about her mix until she gets older. Puppies are notoriously hard to tell about at this age.

But from the sounds of it it doesn't really matter. You seem to be quite smitten already. B)

:lol::D:lol: Too funny! It is great to see how much she is obviously loved. Congratulations!

Back to cell phone photos. I think we broke the puppy today.

Yeah, I thought I needed a puppy like I needed a hole in the head. Then they sent me a picture. Who could resist a face like that? And hey, three days in, it's really not as crazy (yet) as I thought it would be. Right now she's just lying on the floor watching me, having had a good round of fetch/tug in the backyard earlier. In a little bit she'll go in her crate while the kids eat breakfast and I do some cleaning up, then we'll take a walk before we get started on schoolwork for the day.

Puppies are like children--they have their crazies, zoomies, wildness, but they also need plenty of rest and quiet time. The need for rest is how we all manage to stay sane raising one or the other, or both. :)

J.

Puppies are like children--they have their crazies, zoomies, wildness, but they also need plenty of rest and quiet time. The need for rest is how we all manage to stay sane raising one or the other, or both. :)

J.

You speak the truth! LOL I forgot what it was like to have a puppy... thank God for crates and Kongs.