BC Boards

Not a BC - but agility and a shameless brag.

Kylie got her 2nd Open Chances Q at this trial - with the smoothest chances run I've ever had. Predictably I complained about the difficulty and got frustrated by a lack of progress, then made it. It's not just Chances, either. I've suddenly got her reliable layering, her driving away from me and no curving in toward me even when I'm quite far behind or at lateral distance from her - not just distance but quite a lot of distance - even at the end of a course where I typically have problems. We're losing some consistency to it and suddenly more technical and tighter NADAC courses (yes, really, I don't have video but it's now a thing and they're hard), but I don't particularly care.

I might be jinxing myself but I THINK we're going to be able to have at least some success in elite chances.

I never thought I'd see the day.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice run on the jumpers course! And the chances course was smooth, although I have never run one of those, so am not sure what to look for!

Thank you!

The angle on that Chances Run is terrible, but there's a line I can't cross right in front of the closest (to the camera) jumps, all the way across. So basically the second tunnel, discrimination and one jump after the dog walk are 'out there' (Distance for Open is minimum 15 feet. Elite is 20. Novice was 10.) I used to have pretty major problems getting 'stuck' on the line and the whole thing turning into a jerky mess. I've gotten better about that!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh, maybe I should look into more NADAC trials to see what we can do before next year. Where in 2019?

They haven't announced the specific location just yet, but should at the very start of the year. All I know for sure is that's east again - apparently they alternate years. I'll let you know as soon as they do?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From my understanding it will be somewhere east every other year. 

there's also a pre-elite division which just requires 10 regular Qs at any level.   Not suggesting you do that (or not) just information.  Requirements for elite/regular division is 4 open or elite jumpers, 4 open or elite chances, and 10 open or elite regular. 

and yeah.  I don't trial enough to make this easy, either.  I just pretty well got determined to at least go ONCE.  With Kylie because she's not spectacular but she's comfortable and easy to travel and be new places with, and she's consistent.

On 10/27/2015 at 3:46 AM, RemsMom said:

That is a wonderful photo. I love how unimpressed she looks.

I clocked that expression straight away :D:D She's proper "Yeah I won these 5325 rosettes what of it?  Damn girlfriend... I do this at night when I'm sleeping"

Knew I shouldn't have kept scrolling through and looking at other photographs.

Now have an whole character including voice, backstory and everything built up beautifully in my mind.   I will never see this dog again without hearing the voice I've given her :D

I need to come back and bounce off a few questions about agility I'm clueless and can't manage my way around an empty car park never mind anything else.  Just looking at the KC judges guide was enough.

I'd be "Tell you what.. I'll stand here in the middle and give the dog voice and hand signals to tell her which way to go how about that?"  

"Dog - this way!!   Under!!!  Hup hup hup!!!!"   "Frame!!!   Tunnel!!!!  Over that!!   The thing there the... THAT THERE!!!  Poles!!!!"

Otherwise I'm out. :lol:

5 hours ago, Parly said:

I need to come back and bounce off a few questions about agility I'm clueless and can't manage my way around an empty car park never mind anything else.  Just looking at the KC judges guide was enough.

I'd be "Tell you what.. I'll stand here in the middle and give the dog voice and hand signals to tell her which way to go how about that?"  

"Dog - this way!!   Under!!!  Hup hup hup!!!!"   "Frame!!!   Tunnel!!!!  Over that!!   The thing there the... THAT THERE!!!  Poles!!!!"

Otherwise I'm out. :lol:

Well that is certainly possible!  Not for me, but!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

At the Elite level classes, NADAC calculates what is called a dog’s run index. The dog’s run index (DRI) tells each competitor how their dog performed in that class when compared to the average performance of all the other dogs in that class and jump height over the past year. Runs that are fast and efficient will have higher run index (DRI) scores than otherwise. The DRI is only computed for Elite level classes. The numbers are computed as closely as possible so that dogs that run within the top 7% of all dogs in a class will earn a DRI of 100 or higher

^From NADAC's handbook.  As an explanation for this:

4uNs0tCZ5tnE35fwvNtMe.jpg

That 100.83?  That's the DRI column in her points history.    Actual YPS (Yards per second) on that run was 4.98. She is 11" tall.

She's turning 7 in May.  She is doing the opposite of slowing down.

Have a picture.

5ypYUPoUE5upZHC1gPV47g.jpg

or two:

5g0aKEZbgobYbiJAeeh2c0.jpg