BC Boards

need some advice

Addy loves ball and frisbee and we play often. She is even starting to pick up after herself and put her balls away after a game. However during the game she loves to bring the ball back and stop just out of reach, drop the ball, and crouch to wait for the next throw. She was taught to bring the ball back and put it right in my hand. She can still do that if I wait long enough. But she will stop every time making games frustrating and longer than I would like.

Any advice?

I went thru this with my pup. Till I realized that I was confusing him. Sometimes I would bend over and pick up the ball, sometimes I would ask him to drop, other times to give etc.

Now we have clear rules, he has to put it in my hand everytime if he wants me to throw it again. I ask him to "give" he places his chin on my open palm and lets the ball go. Now there is days that he tests me(he is 8 months)to see if he can make me reach for the ball... dumb human as I am, I have reached to get it out of his mouth and what happens???? he pulls his head away( aggg!!! that really ticks me off)so if he starts playing his mind games I just say " aah to bad, looks like you don't want to play" and I stop throwing ball for him and walk away. This really ticks him off and usually he will play by the rules the next time.

Jeanine

thanks jeanine, it seems to be working. Yesterday Addy and I had a few ball sessions and wach time she would bring it back right away more and more before she would stop and drop. When I told her that was wrong and stopped the game she seemed confused but this morning we had a fairly long game before she stopped on me. I need to try that with her frisbee as well cause I hate having her stop and not bring the frisbee back, especially if we ever want to compete. We'll see if she is really getting it and if it continues. Thanks

Cameron