BC Boards

Scout eats George, the beanie baby

My 5 y.o. has a beanie baby named George, who is part beanie part invisible friend. George goes everywhere with us. Scout has spring fever this week and has been his border collie self, rather than his couch potato lab self. It wasn't really Scout's fault, but Thomas WAILED and WAILED. So, we are off to the fabric store to look for eyes and a new nose for George. We got out some new toys for Scout and played with him a lot, so he is back to his couch potato lab self, belly up on the couch, crashed. Thomas is still pretty mad at him.

Ouch! Poor Thomas, and poor George, too. Talk about a loose, loose situation. I hope you can get George all patched up without too much trouble.

Missy is pretty good about leaving everything alone but her toys. Except for footballs, basketballs, etc. Those she attacks with a passion. I've had brothers a little ticked at her more than once for ruining their football. But hey, they are able to put them away after playing with them?!? Last week Miss found an outdoor stash of 3 footballs and her expression was as if she'd won the jackpot. But I was mean and told her to leave them alone...

Awww, that is so cute and sad and dear. Poor little Thomas! Maybe you can tell him that George is getting an Extreme Makeover like on TV. LOTS of people (and Beanie Babies) get cosmetic surgery these days. I'm sure he'll look stunning once you have worked your magic on him (moms can fix ANYTHING when you're five. My sister once popped a balloon she'd gotten attatched to and asked Mom to sew it back together on her sewing machine. I'm not sure how Mom managed to get THAT to work out, but somehow she did. Pretty sure the sewing machine did not enter in to it, however.)

Oh dear! We had to do an extreme makeover on Jazz Monkey (my son's stuffed monkey with long velcro arms and legs) a few weeks after we got Allie. I did the search for new buttons for eyes and some patching "fur". It did take a little needle creativity, but Jazz Monkey still lives, slightly different than before, but I think my son loves the monkey even more (and he's 13!).

Good luck!

Well Maggie managed to chew the plastic feet and hands of my gorilla stuffed animal (that my deceased gma gave me as a baby) - it was 14 at the time, but survived w/ the help of some carefully placed bandaids lol.

lol - I came home once, and heard "yo quero taco bell" repeatedly as I unlocked the door, and walked in my bedroom. My rottwieler had found my collection of stuffed taco bell dogs. They were the ones that talked if you pressed on their sides. They were in wrapping and everything -- not anymore though. There was stuffing everwhere. To this day I have no idea how she got in that drawer of my dresser. Not one of the 10 I had was able to be saved... stupid rotts lol

I've got a Steif teddy bear, the kind that makes a growly sound when you lay him down. My mom and dad gave him to me when I was 3 for Christmas. It's the only thing that I have from my childhood.

Hubby, dogs and cats have all been warned that if ANYTHING ever happens to Teddy, it will happen to everybody else. So far, they've believed me.

And, the fact that Teddy still growls, almost 50 years later, scares the c**p out of them.

Ruth n the BC3

When I moved out I "stole" a stuffed rottweiler that my brother had bought.... I was attached to it because his dog is a rott and I LOVE her to death, so I took the stuffed version instead of the real one. :D Anyways, it's been sitting up high in the bedroom for a year. It must have fallen down cause Zoe chewed a foot open. :rolleyes: I feel bad. I was going to send it back to my brother, too.

George is perhaps not even an official beanie baby. He has very few beans, and no remaining tag. He is a cream colored striped tiger. Thomas says he got it from Santa, but not the Santa I know, I don't remember buying it!! We have an actual beanie baby tiger that is orange, that is Samantha, she is the 3y.o.'s best bud.

The new eyes and nose are on, Thomas is trying to adjust to George's new look. I talked to him ahead of time about how near death experiences can age you and make you look more mature. I don't think he bought it. His brothers have been remarkably supportive.

Scout is still in the doghouse with Thomas. Thomas will start to love on him and then remember and tell him what a bad dog he is. The poor dog is very confused. Scout seems cured of his spring fever. He attended the cub scout meeting today which thoroughly wears him out for days.

Natalie, if the rott hasn't been missed, maybe he never noticed and it would be safer to leave well enough alone!!

Scout is only respectful of what is mine or my dh's. He seems to figure the kids' stuff is his, too. He rarely chews their stuff, but once in a while will go on a rampage, and it is usually what is most prized. You think it will teach them to put their toys away???

Well, I was hoping it was a neglected Beanie over here but no luck. Sorry.

Scout goes on toy rampages. I wish that was Sam's issue. He for some odd reason pees or poops on dh's side of our bedroom ( read this next to or near bed). He has been so good and no accidents then boom yesterday. Course, he was loose when I was running the vac. in the living room but he got to were he would come near it. Ahha well. Cleaned it up and I will watch the boy like a hawk again. The BRAT!

My conclusion after seeing Ouzo go through dozen of stuffed animals: once the eyes come out (and he's absolutly obsessed at chewing out any toy's nose and eyes), that toy is going to the garbage.

Once the eyes are out, all the stuffing then though the eye ball hole and then there's fake snow everywhere

I was so proud a last week that Ouzo learned a new word, "Dolphin", since he had a stuffed dolphin toy. Oh, well.. that lasted about one week... now there's no dolphin to bring when I'm asking him "Where's the Dolphin?"

The only stuffed animals left are The Bunny and The Panda, whom he knows by name. The Monkey lasted bit longer, until he amputated the tail, arms and legs and ATE them!