BC Boards

My Old Buddy is Very Sick

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Thanks for asking - just came in to post an update.

Buddy is acting normally now, except maybe a little weak still in his rear quarters. (Having a bit more trouble jumping on the bed than usual.) I will keep my fingers crossed that this was something he kicked. And at least, if he regresses again, I will know that I gave him a fighting chance. Thanks to those who gave me some encouragement when he was so sick - he literally couldn't pick his head or tail up! Knowing that other dogs had come back from such a bad state gave me a little bit of hope.

The prednisone is making him VORACIOUS. I threw some Cheerios out for the birds about 4 days ago when he was sick. They're frozen into the ice of the walkway. Yesterday, he made himself crazy trying to dig them out and eat them. ::Sigh::

I, too, am very late to this conversation, but I am so relieved that Buddy has made such a solid recovery! I hope he continues to act normally and to feel good.

(And I hear you on the prednisone--our beagle was recently on it. He already thinks we are starving him, but the pred took his voraciousness to a whole new level.)