BC Boards

dimensions of 2x2 weave poles

I am trying to find out the dimensions of a set of commercially produced 2x2 poles so my agility club can have a set fabricated. What I really need is the gauge and width of the base, and how long the overall base is.

Shipping a set to Mallorca could be a little pricey ;) so we need to get a set made locally.

Thanks

Are you using 24" spacing? If so then ea 2 x 2 piece will be 48". Width and gauge of base would depend on what kind of metal you are planning to use. A few years back I was looking for all aluminum and found a nice set in the UK but the shipping was outrageous to the US :). The bases were flatter and a bit wider then the ones made of steel. Look at a couple of different weave companies on line. Waytoweave.com makes nice ones, I think they have the dimensions listed. Hope this makes sense...

Thanks, I have only used steel ones. I would think the aluminum would not give you as much weight to keep them from moving, but the 48" is the missing piece of the puzzle, now to turn it into cm and I can share the info. Understandbly none of the suppliers provide all the measurements and as these will be used by a club and a variety of dogs I want to make sure they will hold up.

Go to: https://www.waytoweave.com/2x2-12-poles-six-2-pole-units-p/2x2_12.htm and hit the technical specs tab lower on the page, lots of info. You will also need to consider how you will connect them. His are powder coated. I had an old set that had 21" spacing and cut and re welded them to create 24" spacing. I spray painted them with rust oleum, first priming them. The finish is holding up as well as my powder coated set ( I live in a warm, high humidity area). Just a thought if you are trying to save money.

Thanks, I have only used steel ones. I would think the aluminum would not give you as much weight to keep them from moving, but the 48" is the missing piece of the puzzle, now to turn it into cm and I can share the info. Understandbly none of the suppliers provide all the measurements and as these will be used by a club and a variety of dogs I want to make sure they will hold up.

It won't be exactly 48in base length. The dimensions of FCI weave poles are 60cm between the poles so you will need to add the width of the two pole fixtures and any overlap for joining at either end.

Thanks everyone I think I have enough info to have some made up. It is about saving some money as well as time, the club is very new and over 12,000 euros have been spent in the last year bringing in really nice equipment from the principal Spanish manufacturer and we won't talk about the cost of the fence and the sand ;) so if a little money and time can be saved especially for an item that will never be used in competition.