BC Boards

Pour Yourself a Cup and Take a Moment

TEC

Recommend having your favorite beverage in hand and carving out a few minutes for one or both of the following resources on training the border collie for stockwork.

Below is a well stated essay by M. Amodei on communicating clearly to your dog in a stockwork context. Northface Farm Blog.

This is a nice excerpt from "

" by Shadowcat Films about shepherding on the British Borders. -- TEC

What is it about the Scottish accent and speaking of border collies that captures attention? I liked the video, as well.

I agree about good reminders. I thought Amodei succinctly expressed what a good portion of handlers seek to do in their training. It made me want to tidy-up things I am doing now. -- TEC

YouTube's automatic closed captioning evidently is based on a programmed phonetic-based model, which regularly misinterprets. It is notoriously horrible, and never fails to provide good laughs. Apparently the algorithm is not sufficiently sophisticated to read context.

With a heavy Scottish accent, sometimes it is fun to simply try to figure-out parts on your own. May take a few rewinds.

Winter Solstice today. We'll get more light everyday :) -- TEC