BC Boards

Actually I get emails too, but even if I see an email, I still forget to actually come here and respond. And if someone was flooding me with email, I'd just turn off that function, and they could flood the mailbox here all they wanted. I don't think they allow but so many messages anyway, lol!

J.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can block PMs from anyone you get a PM from. It's just a click of a button.

I think he thinks he was stalked because he posted comments on multiple threads that assaulted someone sensibilities and they responded to him on everyone of those threads. I almost did the same thing, but canned it instead. Sometimes you have to pick your battles, especially when someone else is better suited to fight them for you.

And on that note, a friend of mine, former K-9 officer, imported a lovely GSD to protect his home and family. They discovered one day that all they had to do to exercise their puppy was to shine a laser pointer around the room and he would run all over and exercise himself. Unfortunately, he learned where the laser pointer was kept, so he started tearing apart the kitchen cabinets to get it. So they put the LP on top of the upper cabinets. Then the dog decided he needed to get all the way up there. He fell and damaged a hip and could no longer jump or climb on the counters, but he spends hours a day staring, just staring.

No, they did a lot with him, but they didn't teach him to have an off switch. They just tried lazy ways to wear him out after he had worn them out. As an unintended consequence, they definitely built his stamina. Still poor dog though.

And another topic for life with borders. It is imperative that you teach them to settle in the house and not teach them that physical exercise is the answer to boredom.

Again didn't want the stalking statement to be an issue. I know now what that that was about but I will leave that to your imagination. Laser light was way over stated. I have one dog that loves the laser a rotti mix. I took the BC out with her and learned a fast lesson. BC had no interest in the point, The BC circled around and in a blink snatched the light out of my hand it was the source and not the point. after a laser extravaganza as the BC ran around it was and is a lock up toy. She wanted the source and not the point dot.

HJTRAS, the fact that one (1) border collie was not interested in the laser point does not mean that using a laser to exercise a border collie is without risk. No one overstated the risk -- the risk is very real, and that point needed to be made.

It has been made. Please let's move on now from the subject of lasers. And in the future, if you think others' posts are inappropriate, or you think you are being "stalked," please bring it to my attention privately rather than posting about it on the public boards.