BC Boards

Discs across a minefield

I was looking up local sheepherding trials to attend and found a disc-dog competition. Amateurs are welcome. One of the classes is throwing your disc thru a "minefield" of toys, tennis balls and hot dogs. Has anyone tried this?

Sounds like fun.

The only sheepin' trial is on my wedding anniversary so guess where I'll be celebrating this year...

Hmm, take away the hot dogs and you are describing our yard. I guess Ben would do well. I can't imagine his stopping play for a hot dog unless he were REALLY hungry.

So long as I started with the frisbee...no problem at all Jazz is so singleminded when it comes to the 'toy of choice' that it's almost impossible to get him to focus on something else!

BTW, I'm hoping to take in a sheeptrial this year...seems there might be one or two I might possibly travel to see.

Frisbee works like this... I throw, Sara catches, Bounce herds Sara and has no interest in the frisbee, just the chase. Tex just runs all over, wiggling his butt.

Everything would come to a dead stop if a hotdog appeared.

The June 25/26 trial is in Milton, near Toronto. The details are on the CBCA website.

That is a fun idea! I just might try that this spring with a few of Speedy's things.

It will be interesting to see if he tries to stop and gather his other toys. He does that in the house on occasion since all of our dog toys tend to be scattered all over.