BC Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Sekah

Amazing Dog Tricks brought to you by Cohen the Aussie

Okay, not a BC, but since I lurk around these boards I wanted to share a video I put together recently of some of my Aussie's tricks. It was originally supposed to be something to celebrate her 5th birthday, but I kind of missed that deadline -- it was at the end of August. But anyways, here's a video. It would mean a lot to me if you watched it, and shared it if you were so inclined.

Some people have trouble watching this version (something about the music being restricted in some regions) -- if you have trouble viewing it, try this one instead. I strongly prefer the first version since the edits were done with the original music in mind, but better this than nothing!

Ver 2

I love it! Will share on my facebook! I'm a dog trick geek, I admit. Such a beautiful dog also :) happy birthday with a little delay, Cohen :)

(interesting, my agility club used this same song for their agility promo video)

I love it! Will share on my facebook! I'm a dog trick geek, I admit. Such a beautiful dog also :) happy birthday with a little delay, Cohen :)

(interesting, my agility club used this same song for their agility promo video)

Thank you! And that's funny about the song. Your agility club has good taste! :)

Thanks for sharing!

How old is Cohen, how much (daily, weekly) do you practice?

We are beginners in trick, although both my girls love them and pick them up fairly quickli. I've just thaught Kali to step on my feet and walk. Freya just learned the peekaboo trick while holding my arm with front paws (the trick you do in the video somewhere in the beginning), and we're working on back feet targeting with a board, hoping to eventually get to the point where she will liftt her back feet up to 90 degrees.

Btw this song also pops up often in dog tricks video lol

That is fantabulous! Cohen is amazing (and beautiful), and you are obviously a wonderful trainer.

I loved so many of the tricks (many from Sylvia Trkman's DVD??), but just cracked up on the 'lip lift' or 'sneer'.

I will share, but as a reluctant Facebook user, I wouldn't know how to share from this site to Facebook. Will someone please instruct me?

That is fantabulous! Cohen is amazing (and beautiful), and you are obviously a wonderful trainer.

I loved so many of the tricks (many from Sylvia Trkman's DVD??), but just cracked up on the 'lip lift' or 'sneer'.

I will share, but as a reluctant Facebook user, I wouldn't know how to share from this site to Facebook. Will someone please instruct me?

Thank you!

I adore Trkman, but I've not actually watched her DVD or enrolled in any classes. But I certainly keep tabs on what she's training her dogs to do and try it out with my own. I certainly can't achieve everything she does, but she's great inspiration.

As far as sharing goes, thank you for even trying. If you view the video on a browser, there is a button you can press underneath it that says "Share". Once clicked, it gives you a url that you can copy/paste. That's all.

Lovely dog & great set of tricks.

The bond between you is beautiful to behold.

Not surprising you are so proud of her.

Great video.

Makes me tired just looking at it. All that training :) Kudos and hats off. My dogs are lucky to get trained to sit and stay, I always say.

Wow, your video is great (I probably shouldn't be watching while at work :P)! You both look like you're having so much fun, too. The catching with her paws is really cool. I'll definitely show your video to my sister when I get home. Happy belated birthday to Cohen!

I love watching trick videos to get inspiration for teaching my doggie. I've been trying to get him to learn to smile since he does it naturally, but he gets too excited when he sees the treat to do it on command. We're working on the handstand right now.

Btw I just googled "how to teach a dog to limp" and got to your video :D small internet world. I love the way you made your tutorial, I wish some of the tricks tutorial I'd like to teach are that precise. Really great job. And Cohen is so adorable, such a cooperative dog you have :)

Cohen is so handsome! That is a wonderful video. How did you teach him to walk backwards? I am amazed at how fast he walks backwards.

Cohen is so handsome! That is a wonderful video. How did you teach him to walk backwards? I am amazed at how fast he walks backwards.

Thank you! The backwards walk is what most people call a scoot. Youtube has some how-to videos on teaching it. At its core, it's a half spin then a reverse through my legs. To initially teach it I worked at a close distance and I would lure her to spin and back up for just a step or two and then as she became more proficient I started having her work further and further away from me.

Backing up TO me is fast and straight. Backing up AWAY from me needs some reteaching. It's slow and crooked. Everything is always a work in progress. :D

Thank you! The backwards walk is what most people call a scoot. Youtube has some how-to videos on teaching it. At its core, it's a half spin then a reverse through my legs. To initially teach it I worked at a close distance and I would lure her to spin and back up for just a step or two and then as she became more proficient I started having her work further and further away from me.

Backing up TO me is fast and straight. Backing up AWAY from me needs some reteaching. It's slow and crooked. Everything is always a work in progress. :D

Thank you for the information. I was so impressed at how Cohen manages to go backwards. My GSD is so clueless about his feet that I can't get him to even take one step backwards. I would love to teach my BC to walk backwards the way Cohen does.

And please apologize to Cohen. I should have said SHE is so pretty! I love to see an active Australian Shepherd, I have met a few that were a little to round for their own good.