BC Boards

I've been doing 'disc dogging' only sense I've had Lola, but I think i'll be doing this alot in the future too. It's so much fun. She is around 8 months old.

10620526_801949709867459_465624359265563

10480210_801946383201125_869957083528085

10710904_801946833201080_281434444943255

10352820_801947179867712_284647502695123

10690254_801948129867617_342250545043081

1901554_801970756532021_6927629504508896

10469391_801946853201078_206635270825773

10393995_801949816534115_702497697331079

10151182_801950029867427_573181388582562doing her 'hide' trick :3

10175060_801950129867417_348473459753004

Pretty little girl.

Disc dogs are fun. And I don't want to jump to conclusions based on a handful of pics, but....consider your pup is very young yet. You may want to keep a lot of jumps very low and low impact till her joints are more developed. So that you guys can enjoy a long time of play.

Pretty little girl.

Disc dogs are fun. And I don't want to jump to conclusions based on a handful of pics, but....consider your pup is very young yet. You may want to keep a lot of jumps very low and low impact till her joints are more developed. So that you guys can enjoy a long time of play.

I know..I did most of the jumping only for the pics

I had a terrible time trying to keep Tommy from jumping so much when she was young like that. She just loved to jump. I was so afraid she would hurt her still maturing joints. She never just jumped off the bed. She leaped 6 feet out. She loved to just run and jump in the back yard - just for the love of doing it.

She doesn't jump at all any more. With her it was a young exuberant thing. And her joints seem fine so far.

Yeah, I've had some fun getting Molly to keep her feet on the ground when playing - mostly ball, but also tug and just cause. We've had to change the games we play for now and focus on other things. The just cause stuff I don't really sweat. ALL THE ENERGY and springs in her legs.

But Sage is gorgeous and looks HAPPY. You both do.

Heck, my Fee is the jumpiest dog I have ever seen. Besides Blimps. I don't think you need to keep them from being pups.

But I also know, being friends with a top disc competitor, the foundation for the super cool tricks that is done low and easy, pays off so many ways later. And if it maintains a healthier dog possibly, then why get in a hurry.

Which is also the reason why I tried to be very careful how I worded it. Don't want to make too many assumptions from a pic. ;)

What the others have said.

My pup loves to leap too and I don't sweat about it as long as the likely landing isn't obviously dangerous but I don't encourage jumping and twisting.

Sage is beautiful!! She sure does love those discs, did she take right to them. I have been trying to teach Mya frisbee catching but low to the ground until she was a year old, now I am starting to throw it a bit higher and she actually seems to like it better.

We could not keep Mya from jumping either and when you would least expect it, like a 5 foot jump while sitting on the couch and landing in my husband's recliner or her most favorite is he is building a koi pond in the fenced in back yard and she runs and jumps flying over it all the time. She is a pistol.

I had a terrible time trying to keep Tommy from jumping so much when she was young like that. She just loved to jump. I was so afraid she would hurt her still maturing joints. She never just jumped off the bed. She leaped 6 feet out. She loved to just run and jump in the back yard - just for the love of doing it.

She doesn't jump at all any more. With her it was a young exuberant thing. And her joints seem fine so far.

yeah sometimes the wind would blow the frisbee up and wayyy up. She could still jump to catch it, so i will just throw them lower or rollers from there.

Yeah, I've had some fun getting Molly to keep her feet on the ground when playing - mostly ball, but also tug and just cause. We've had to change the games we play for now and focus on other things. The just cause stuff I don't really sweat. ALL THE ENERGY and springs in her legs.

But Sage is gorgeous and looks HAPPY. You both do.

It's so much fun :) her name is Lola btw

Heck, my Fee is the jumpiest dog I have ever seen. Besides Blimps. I don't think you need to keep them from being pups.

But I also know, being friends with a top disc competitor, the foundation for the super cool tricks that is done low and easy, pays off so many ways later. And if it maintains a healthier dog possibly, then why get in a hurry.

Which is also the reason why I tried to be very careful how I worded it. Don't want to make too many assumptions from a pic. ;)

I look at tons of videos and look for advice for disc dogging. I know how badly it can injure a dog if done wrong. Still learning though

Sage is beautiful!! She sure does love those discs, did she take right to them. I have been trying to teach Mya frisbee catching but low to the ground until she was a year old, now I am starting to throw it a bit higher and she actually seems to like it better.

We could not keep Mya from jumping either and when you would least expect it, like a 5 foot jump while sitting on the couch and landing in my husband's recliner or her most favorite is he is building a koi pond in the fenced in back yard and she runs and jumps flying over it all the time. She is a pistol.

(her name is Lola) but no, Lola liked the ball more at first, but I started to play frisbee and reward with a play of ball and food afterwards to increase her liking to the disc.I had to start will rollers, were I only roll the frisbee on it's side so it's still on the ground but moving as she catches it. Getting a tough fabric disc is a good way to play tug. And now she is a natural :) It would be nice to see pics of you're dog playing.