BC Boards

Tribute to Walt Jagger

Dear Friends,

Years ago, Walt had a dog for sale and a buyer appeared. When the dog jumped up on him, the buyer smacked the dog. Both men went into the field where Walt demonstrated the dog and proved his sheepwork. When the two men came back into the house. Buyer asked, "How much?"

Walt said, "Oh, he's not for sale."

Blustering and confusion ended with the buyer asking, "What the hell!"

Walt said, "Nobody smacks my dog."

Donald McCaig

I don't recall ever meeting Walt but I sure wish I had known him, once I read Donald's anecdote.

Dear Friends,

Years ago, Walt had a dog for sale and a buyer appeared. When the dog jumped up on him, the buyer smacked the dog. Both men went into the field where Walt demonstrated the dog and proved his sheepwork. When the two men came back into the house. Buyer asked, "How much?"

Walt said, "Oh, he's not for sale."

Blustering and confusion ended with the buyer asking, "What the hell!"

Walt said, "Nobody smacks my dog."

Donald McCaig

Hello everyone,

My favorite quote from Walt was something he said after his trial at Sheepy Hollow years ago. That year, he decided to add a class for dogs that were retired from trialing. There were several entries, one being a retired dog of Walt's. During their runs, the old dogs worked their hearts out doing the best job they could moving the sheep around the course. After the trial, someone asked Walt if he would continue to have a class for retired dogs, and Walt said that he would not. The person asked why not, and he said, "Because it's too hard to run a dog through the tears."
Regards to all,
nancy