BC Boards
CptJack

(My) Molly grows up.

HaHaHa!! Gideon did the exact same thing to me the first time he saw me with a poofy sweater.

I hid a squeaky ball on my lap and squeaked it with my knees when she came back to try and squeak me again. She got reallllly excited. I eventually showed her the ball and threw it and seem to have effectively distracted her but LOL. And Gideon! Dogs, man. Just... dogs.

7 calendar months - and more weeks.

3n6KNCwokaNS9rwTZVeOz0.jpg

Her shoulders are just kind of unreal.

rKBpau9pDFGDqMrvNR3NZ.jpg

I mean seriously.

2OA56dgb6AmFljUt0lFhME.jpg

New tug-toy. Made out of milking tubes.

5z19FZQipOt4e9PaEeLDpz.jpg

take off.

11AoZkEbfPxF1Pshh32Lpk.jpg

You can see what her coat's doing in this one.

2cmpRKcBaZDmHmbRljChgt.jpg

Legs FOREVER.

1jYJd9p2HSoEQtOLA1k94m.jpg

She's a REALLY good puppy.

and a bonus lol:

7jOKiqVTC20qKbmuraR3yQ.jpg

Well, she plays fetch a lot! That means lab, right? That plus black and short hair? And tons of legs has got to be greyhound....

That or octopus...

I'd buy it. That or beaver. Maybe a cross. She ate a hole through our wooden house siding, and now she's trying really hard to have a go at our indoor stairs.

(Only slightly more seriously, I try to see cattle dog in her periodically and fail entirely. I DO see beaver/goat/octopus though).

I had a cattle dog with her same head shape, of course I have a BC with it right now, so that isn't saying much.

Molly is a touch more lanky than Kolt but I see lots of similarity in body type. Long legs, narrow build. My dad will joke "are sure he doesn't have some greyhound in him?"

It's been a while. Wrong lens on my camera and rain so they're not great, but.

1_zps80244a5e.jpg

9_zpse4d10c28.jpg

It was wet. So of course she went into the lake.

Meanwhile, it was wet so:

13_zps7e6e02ed.jpg

Kylie found somewhere dry to hang out. And didn't want to come back out.

14_zpsf8a374eb.jpg

Or, rather, down.

8_zps60f979a7.jpg

6_zps86e5a499.jpg

5_zps7b16a2fe.jpg

Nice!

Thanks. I hate the lousy quality of the pictures, but it was a really good day - and she did incredibly well through almost 5 miles of off leash hiking in relatively deep woods with lots of smells and distractions.

Kind of cracked up at the lake. She's never been willing to go in. Guess being soaked from the rain made her decide there wasn't much to lose.

I have one that loves to swim and one who doesn't, but every once in a while, he will decide to go in anyways.

Three of my other four are big on water. Thud and Kylie SWIM. Bug (the Boston) will wade. Jack is absolutely not going in above his toes and even then only for water.

I think next summer, when it warms up and Molly's older and sees Kylie and Thud swimming she'll go for it. This year while it was nice enough she was just teeny and by the time she was out with them it was too cold for them to want to go in. So. Maybe. She ended up about chest deep today.

I am happy.

..and from the position of that tail, it looks like Molly is too :) :)

Your Jack won't swim at all? My JRT take off across the lake and we have to dive in and turn her back toward shore. She thinks she is a distance swimmer.

Nope. He hates water - though his name is Jack, he's a Rat Terrier (confusing thing, but he came with the name). He will also hold it for 36 hours to avoid peeing in rain, if he has half a chance.

My old Rat Terrier was colored like an ACD except lighter, but other wise looked like the female version of your Jack, so I always remember that he is a RT, but RTs and JRT are reasonably close in breeding and behavior that I still expect them to mostly act alike. However, Angel isn't typical in several ways, so maybe her love for long distance swimming is another difference.

In fairness, it may be my dog that's the weirdo - in fact it definitely is, though I don't know for sure about water. He's very sweet, very loving, and a good boy, but he's about as bright as a box of rocks and extremely SOFT. He's heck on small animals and pure death to them and somehow manages to be both soft and stubborn, but he's really not a smart dog - or typical of like any kind of terrier, ever.

I feel like I'm overdue for a massive photo-dump here, so y'all are getting one. 3_zps009f7ceb.jpg

She was so impressed with me. Can you tell?

4_zpscb4d50ec.jpg

Got 'em off!

1_zps544be137.jpg

New toy.

5_zps4fab12b9.jpg

She really loves that thing.

21_zps5aadb59f.jpg

What's gravity?

These next few are with Thud.

17_zpsa6e9587a.jpg

18_zps6d447b9f.jpg

Note Kylie hanging out between my husband's legs in the background of the next one:

20_zps80d18958.jpg

She knows where it's safe!

And just because I am horrible:

2_zpsa2f59b6a.jpg

I can't manage to edit my previous post without deleting pictures accidentally, so let me just say here:
Puppy? WHAT puppy? She's a spring loaded pistol and my gosh I can not believe how I just keep falling MORE in love with this dog. Who is, at the moment, sleeping at my feet, hogging my electric blanket and sleeping like the dead.

Smart, energetic, intense, eager, focused, driven but she's an amazingly SWEET dog with an incredibly good off switch. I don't even begin to know how she could get better but I kind of suspect she's going to.

Someone said something about partnership once (Maxi, I think?) and yeah. Nailed it. This dog is my partner in EVERYTHING and just. Incredible.