BC Boards
CptJack

(My) Molly grows up.

That's true. She's growing into herself and just keeps getting *prettier*. And better all around, to be honest.

We have a three year old dog in the house and for the last three years I've been reminding myself "she will be seven eventually, don't worry, she will be seven eventually..."

Meanwhile the 13 year old is a perfect princess who can do no wrong, and she manipulates this to her advantage. I love old dogs.

I really like dogs.

I LOVE old dogs.

Molly was a crazy easy puppy and still is, but. They're just so much better when they're adults. It's all a journey and I enjoy it all, but I definitely think it's a situation where the further you go, the better it gets.

The pic of Molly and Thud both with their noses to the ground is wonderful. Actually they're all great, but that is my favorite.

Thanks for posting these,

Ruth and SuperGibbs

Don't get me wrong, I do miss the days when Miss Crankypants Terrier could play fetch without her arthritis acting up, or without injuring herself. Nowadays we're 'I'll hide the ball and you walk and find it so you don't try and do backflips' people.

Urge to herd- I dunno, I love the live-action-tennis-ball series. I would have that shit framed and on my wall and it's not even my dog.

The pic of Molly and Thud sniffing together is one of my all time favorites, too.

And YAY! I bet they'll look awesome on, too.

He looks like he is positive he is going to be eaten.

Bostons make WEIRD faces, man.

Anyway, back to Molly.

1_zpsec88f347.jpg

That wave down her back kills me.

5_zps49183996.jpg

These are the ears I mostly see now days.

6_zps8dc9d859.jpg

Ball.

7_zpsae17cc08.jpg

Caught the ball.

12_zpscae0579a.jpg

She's getting a bit of a ruff and though not as visible some tail feathers!

14_zps364e6285.jpg

I REALLY love this dog.

When she looks directly at the camera, you can see the love in her eyes also..so I guess the feeling is completely mutual

The bond the pair of you obviously have makes for the best kind of partnership IMHO

Your mention of partnership and the other discussion about getting dogs for agility has given me a lot of food for thought tonight.

I didn't get Molly with the expectation of her being an agility dog, but I *let* myself have a border collie because I was involved in agility - I figured that meant I was a 'good enough' owner for a BC since I'd heard so much about how much they need something more than being just a pet.

I start classes with her at the end of next month and I'm looking forward to it and all. I'm looking forward to it for the same reason I'm looking forward to getting my other dog out there again: I like working with my dogs and it's a fun game. More and more though I realize that she... doesn't need agility. She needs me.

It's some kind of constantly evolving revelation I have, where I realize and appreciate it more and more as time goes on and she gets more mature. She sat on the couch and watched television with me for HOURS this evening, because I was feeling yucky. Not sacked out on the couch and slept, but sat up beside me and actually watched the television show with me. She just... wants to be close and doing what I'm doing and she really, really doesn't care what that is.

And I think if that meant doing cartwheels, she'd try to do cartwheels with everything she had.

I've had some really sweet, intelligence, sensitive, biddable dogs in my life and I have some of those now but she's a whole different animal and a whole new kind of relationship.

More and more though I realize that she... doesn't need agility. She needs me

Yup. This. The essence of the Border Collie. The desire to be a partner with a person just kinda blows me away at times.

I'm pretty sure she's quite a bit bigger than Nattie, at least height wise (she's probably 35lbs?) but yeah, it's all legs.

I meant to correct this since I got an accurate weight.

She was 30.6 lbs last week at the vet. I am just crap at guessing weight.

I love your little girl. She has really blossomed in the last few weeks, all of a sudden there's a dog under all that fur instead of a puppy. You really can see it in her eyes! And where the heck did those legs come from?? :)

Bostons sure do make the weirdest faces.

post-14480-0-86341500-1418147629_thumb.jpg

post-14480-0-06935100-1418147646_thumb.jpg

There's a border collie these photos, that counts right? :)

I'm sure I had a puppy here instead of a dog like... last week, and certainly last month.

Bostons delight me. I mean DE.LIGHT me. I couldn't handle one if I lived on my own but with my husband around (and they're just his sort of dog) I'm not sure we'll ever not have one in our household. Ours keeps us laughing. She's just a clown and a wonderfully happy little dork.

(And lol, the pictures you posted are GREAT! That top one made me giggle like a loon!

Xm812IEL5tUC1lIhkTEbv.jpg

I think these may be the ears she mostly keeps. They're all I've seen for a few days running. I like them!

(There will be many, many more photos added here just as soon as I get finished getting them off the card)

All right, the rest:

2_zps60db97c6.jpg

4_zpsebcafa5a.jpg

5_zpsfb7b341e.jpg

6_zps2c237731.jpg

7_zps87e754dd.jpg

She LOVED those stairs. I did limit how many times I let her run up and down them since she's young, but she ADORED doing it.

8_zps690f6750.jpg

Then the guest star - the been chained up over there for four years or so neighbor dog. He breaks my heart. I've gotten permission to interact with him and take Molly over to play, at least. I'm hoping to get permission to bring him into our fenced yard and maybe eventually walk him. They *won't* give him up, though, even for money and he just... breaks my heart.

11_zps275148a0.jpg

12_zps3d13cd40.jpg

14_zps35f67978.jpg

13_zpsd39a5ea9.jpg

I have been enjoying following Molly's story. You are taking excellent quality pictures. Great looking pup. She is getting less leggy, and more mature all the time.

I too feel badly seeing a dog constantly chained-up. I have seen small enclosures with circles deeply worn into the earth which appear to be their occupants' entire world. It's good that Molly is having a playful romp with the unfortunate captive. Hope something works out in accordance your wishes.

Now about those collars. But why? Because you like them, enjoy indulging your dogs, and they look good, you say. What kind of reasons are those? Just a tease B) , coming from a guy who puts a plain, quarter inch, flat buckle, black leather collar on his dog, and calls it good. Collar promptly settles into her medium coat never to be seen again. Molly's suits her well.

My BC, Josie, thinks kids' playsets were built just for her. Molly looks quite regal atop hers. The bigger and more elaborate the better. If others try it, I suggest that after kids run-off to their homes :o :wacko: , be sure to supervise closely. Like Molly, she loves stairs. Some have bouncy swinging bridges, that do not seem to intimidate Josie at all. I never put pressure on her, but over several visits she became more interested in the slides. Some are conventional straight-down design, and others are covered and twist like a corkscrew. She cannot get enough of them. Down she goes, and like a kid, right back up for another. At first I stood near the ramp to encourage her to slide to the bottom, and not bail-out midway. She learned quickly. Laws broken: unknown ;) . Confidence built: invaluable. For dogs it's Disneyland .

Wishing you, your family and all dogs a wonderful holiday season. -- Kind regards, TEC

Oh, hey, I absolutely made sure the kids were out. This isn't even much of a playground, to be honest. There's a tiny empty lot at the end of my street with a few pieces of playground equipment and some picnic tables. If it's not a summer day, it's dead empty, so I run down there a few times a week for the practice in leash walking and to romp on the equipment. Definitely always supervised, I think she might kill herself otherwise, and I have NO idea if its legal but I'm pretty sure no one cares, anyway, which is... something, anyway!

She DID absolutely like the slide but all my photos of that came out weird or just terrible. Much like my pictures of her running up the slide. Someday, I'll figure out video. Maybe, anyway.

This was just... such a great comment. It made me smile; thank you. I can't wait to see what she's like 6 months, a year, 2 years from now. She blows me away pretty often.

The dog next door is... Just sad. He's been off that chain less than a handful of times over hte years, but he's such a sweet guy, especially considering how limited his life is. He really wants to play and be loved. He just wants INTERACTION and gets almost none from 'his family'. It's a crappy situation and I'd really love to be able to get him out but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. So I do what I can while staying legal. And staying on the good side of the neighbors because I don't want them to shut off my access to him.

Molly really likes squeaky toys. When she gets a toy, especially a soft/plush/stuffed one she always looks for the squeaker.

So, today I'm wearing a new fuzzy sweater and she's been pushing at my stomach with her nose, or grabbing my arm in her mouth and biting down lightly all along it. I had no clue what was wrong with her (she's not a mouthy dog), but watching her with a squeaky toy now? I am... pretty danged sure she is trying to find my squeaker.

Molly really likes squeaky toys. When she gets a toy, especially a soft/plush/stuffed one she always looks for the squeaker.

So, today I'm wearing a new fuzzy sweater and she's been pushing at my stomach with her nose, or grabbing my arm in her mouth and biting down lightly all along it. I had no clue what was wrong with her (she's not a mouthy dog), but watching her with a squeaky toy now? I am... pretty danged sure she is trying to find my squeaker.

...so what happens if you do squeak? (ETA when wearing your new sweater)