BC Boards
CptJack

(My) Molly grows up.

'6 month' picture dump (little early). I'll probably put the camera down for a while as life and life with her are about to get busier, but for now have some pictures.

M9_zpsf1a50ad6.jpg

6_zpscd11435c.jpg

7_zps44434098.jpg

15_zps3e9d06de.jpg

16_zpse88939ce.jpg

18_zpsb0146d41.jpg

She's not much of a baby anymore, and I am SO proud of her.

I hope nobody was counting on me keeping my word about no new pictures - because we had an empty lake and state park to ourselves today.

2_zpsdb7e5030.jpg

9_zpsbbbcc60b.jpg

12_zpsed43780f.jpg

14_zps34717e4b.jpg

16_zps3ddac135.jpg

18_zps4ba0bd64.jpg

19_zpsfcbbb4df.jpg

Dog will balance on anything, bless her.

Molly_zpsbf803e3a.jpg

Border Collie with Frisbee.

10_zps4b76f2bc.jpg

Shepherd mix with frisbee.

I feel like this says something about their personalities. It's probably not very flattering to poor thud, either.

He's her favorite, though:

1_zps3abe0956.jpg

3_zps2d21abbe.jpg

By far.

Thanks, guys. I still think she looks odd in some of those pictures but I used to think she was going to be a really weird looking adult dog. I'm starting to think I was very wrong about that.

Thanks, guys. I still think she looks odd in some of those pictures but I used to think she was going to be a really weird looking adult dog. I'm starting to think I was very wrong about that.

..there's something to the song 'there once was an ugly duckling....' I think she's a stunner..and with a character to match

..there's something to the song 'there once was an ugly duckling....' I think she's a stunner..and with a character to match

More and more, yeah. I catch these moments and think she's just absolutely beautiful, inside and out. Especially inside.

4_zpsf16a54c0.jpg

5_zpsf3691282.jpg

Still has her moments, though - :P Personality, she's not short on.

"That's no border collie, that's a lab mix." Has returned.

You see a lot of this in labs?

3_zpsca80fe9e.jpg

I think I'm over my cranky again now but gah.

You'd think that the markings would at least give peeople a clue. I think that his incredibly traditional Border Collie markings is what keeps people from deciding Kolt something else. But he also has the full white collar

I'm pretty sure the lack of a collar and not having quite as much white as people expect throws them - that and her ears. When she decides to pull them up we get a lot less of this.

At this point I just kind of stare. I almost don't even want to answer 'what kind of dog is she' because unless I'm dealing with border collie people, they're just going to argue with me.

Mostly black and short hair? Its gotta be a lab.

Maybe the next person who gets persistent WILL get 'but she's got a waist....' in reply.

Maybe try "her mom was a Border Collie and her dad was an ACD" (or whatever they were)? Might cut out some of the nay sayers if you tell them up front that you saw her parents.

Mom was a border collie, dad was a border collie mix might actually be the way to go. Dad may have been purebred just ticked, but they don't need to know that and not spelling out the ACD part might leave the room to rwite in what they want - WITHOUT trying to turn it into educating me about my dog.

Thanks!

So, six months old for real.

6_zps99ded9f3.jpg

7_zps00f9ac5b.jpg

8_zps08dba752.jpg

TUNNELS. She really, really loves tunnels. I really, really appreciate a dog who will work for a thrown toy when teaching them.

1_zps22964c5a.jpg

The 'stand on things/climb things' work continues to pay off - in confidence and amusing photos.

4_zps58a862d5.jpg

5_zps88dd185b.jpg

I just really love this puppy.

Yeah. Me again. Sorry/notsorry.

We've been working on leg weaves on and off and sporadically for a while. I like these shots because they're really good at showing her focus. Ignore my painted jeans.

M3_zps0e41f777.jpg

m2_zpsb2d27a22.jpg

70NlIm0xXs6V7iuDComPv.jpg

5vCCKi5XyCyGUHvW7NdcDZ.jpg

Wonky ears:

28oyobkFscqPFFfeLZ3D3Q.jpg

My daughter has been teaching Nattie leg weaves. My daughter calls it "ZigZag" since we will be using weave as an agility term. I have been asked if Nattie is a BC/Whippet because she is smooth coat and slim. I recently met a BC/Whippet and Nattie had a lot in common with the dog. Every once in a while I run into someone that knows BC can be smooth coat and that is always a nice change from the "what kind of mix is your dog" questions.

And I still really need to order one of those beautiful collars for my pup. Mollie looks so charming in her lovely collar!

I'd like to think everyone has a pair or two around but I tend to avoid having them photographed for... reasons I can't explain.

I actually have used weave for both poles and legs since the set up is so very different and haven't had trouble. I MAY with Molly but Kylie's never had an issue. I guess we'll see- I don't do a lot right, anyway.

I LOVE running into people who can identify her and this collar is the best thign ever. It's gorgeous but it's also well made and sturdy. I can see her wearing it daily for her entire life. Makes the cost well worth it.

Annnnd it snowed today, so. Puppy's first snow:

1_zps63f054d4.jpg

6_zps8e4dcede.jpg

7_zpsb2bc46db.jpg

9_zps40aa3871.jpg

10_zps26f6e1b6.jpg

Kept this one because a lot of photos make her look chunky - big shoulders and thighs, and all that black creates a kind of optical illusion. *THAT* is her build.

Then this afternoon with the sun out:

6cNPsl7vCE2Azih66S63dG.jpg

The photo you posted to show Molly's build looks so much like Nattie. We laugh all the time at how scrawny our little pup is. I know slimmer is better but there is a part of my brain that thinks a puppy should be chubby.

It looks like Molly enjoyed the snow. What kind of camera do you have? Your photos are wonderful.

It's a Nikon D3100 with a 55-200mm lens. I got it last year and I STILL don't really understand it, but I love it when it works!

I'm pretty sure she's quite a bit bigger than Nattie, at least height wise (she's probably 35lbs?) but yeah, it's all legs. It bothers me less now than it did when she was younger since she looks mostly adult to me now and most of my adult dogs are thin (In fact everyone but Kylie is and Kylie gets fat if she looks at food) so it looks and feels pretty normal to me but when she was 3-4 months old it made me twitch a LOT.

Because some part of my brain definitely believes puppies should be chubby.

Thank you for the information on the camera. My camera is great for still shots in good light but doesn't take good action shots and my husband wants to buy me a nice Christmas present.

Molly is bigger than Nattie. Miss Nat is only 28lbs. at 8 months and has been at that weight for a while. I keep thinking we should have named her "Pixie".

Molly looks like she enjoyed the snow. The second photo with her ready to pounce on the ball is adorable.

I was off on Molly's weight - she's 27 weeks (28 Thursday) and weighs 30lbs. So, apparently she looks heavier to me than she is, but yeah - still nowhere near as Tiny as Nat.

Molly went to the lake with Thud, yesterday. From snow to 65 and gorgeous. All the pictures have Thud in them, but htey had a good time.

TM_zpsfdb2b4b4.jpg

TM2_zpsdbef4c6d.jpg

TM6_zpsccfcd285.jpg

TM8_zps0f7c2b20.jpg

And hey, look:

Thud3_zps8a41b771.jpg

Thud perches, too!