BC Boards
CptJack

(My) Molly grows up.

Oh, hey. I guess I should have known that.

Karma Collars for EVERYONE, then.

Lol! Yeah, I emailed asking if they could tweek a design for me and they emailed me back with all the options!

My biggest problem is that the collar I like for Kylie only comes in a size that is 1" bigger than her neck. Given what I know of their sizing it would probably work but not perfectly. I'll shoot them an email when I get ready to order, and see what they have to say about it. I know what the other dogs are getting already.

LOVE the stick picture!

Thanks! I like that one a lot, too. It looks like HER, and she's starting to look like a *dog*, more and more often.

Thanks! I like that one a lot, too. It looks like HER, and she's starting to look like a *dog*, more and more often.

Is she acting like a big dog, too?

It's funny 'cause when I think back, Kolt has looked like a dog to from the time he was 14-15 weeks old. And he's never really behaved like a puppy (except for the over-tired crazy bursts) He's been a serious go getter from the get go. Which I've kinda loved...

Molly's been weird for me. I've actually posted elsewhere about this because it was (and is) so strange for me.

She came home at a couple of days shy of being 8 weeks old, but she never really... acted like I expect a puppy to act. She had to go pee frequently, she pitched a fit in her crate for a while, but she was never really... babyish, I guess. She plays (and played) and played hard from go, but she played GAMES. She was never fearful of weird things, or insecure, or stumbled over her own feet, or been overly silly, or put everything in her mouth, or been excessively nippy/mouthy. She never felt the need to stick on my heels, she never hesitated to jump off the furniture, figured out how to climb to get on just as fast, never respected baby gates, and her first time encountering steps, well:

2_zps7ddc22d3.jpg

Just all sorts of little things I remember from my other dogs being puppies that she never did.

I can look at pictures of her as a baby and recognize that, yeah, she was definitely a tiny puppy. And I'm sure 6 months from now she'll look more mature to me than she does now. And looking back I can see things that have matured, but it's things like more stamina, better physical strength and coordination, a longer attention span by a bit.

But in a lot of ways I really don't feel like she was every a PUPPY. At least, she was never baby-ish.

...So, um. Yeah, good question and total agreement. It's been AWESOME and I'm glad to hear she's in good company with it.

Just for fun contrast with CMP's rough coated beautiful tank of a Molly:

23weeks_zps45a53e85.jpg

My girl at 23 weeks (today) and a little under 30lbs and composed almost entirely of legs and ears.

Her head's getting less pointy, though!

1_zpsd20fbbd3.jpg

And I love her black splotchy footpads.

1_zpsb236751d.jpg

She's beautiful... And although they are very different in appearance, they are also eerily alike. Must have similar personalities. Makes sense if you read our posts - we seem to have a similar style.

I think you're right in the similarities - both between our styles and our pups and the connection between the two.

I'm really glad I found this place. I might question if Molly was actually a BC or not if all I had to go on was "Border Collie Hype"

Thud's birthday, but Molly came along for the ride - and as most likely to wear him out.

So, I took a couple of pictures of her, too.

Molly_zps78a86967.jpg

Molly3_zps89bd91c0.jpg

Molly4_zps93b7d924.jpg

17_zps328e1f13.jpg

Thud never did get that stick.

5_zps2e956d00.jpg

And just 'cause. My favorite shot of the big galoot.

Oh she looks so lovely! The happiness is painted on her face. :)

Oh she looks so lovely! The happiness is painted on her face. :)

Thank you!

Is that a harness she's wearing?

Yeah. It's one of these: http://www.keepdoggiesafe.com/lighted-dog-harness.html?gclid=CNSsuNDt3MECFUgA7AodoGQAWg actually - It was on clearance yesterday for 6.00 at PetSmart. I assume the result of not selling out for Halloween or because it was a discontinued color or something. Either way - I like it, a lot.

I'll like it more when she's a tiny bit broader, but I still appreciate the padding.

So it's lighted then? Nice!! Especially at that price. I got a lighted harness for Kenzi from Menards but it fell apart after a couple uses. Ugh. Taking it back to hopefully get a refund

Yep, it lights up with either steady light or flashes. I was going to say I don't have much use for it, then realized it's all but pitch dark here at 5:30 so... I need to change my mind on that.

I don't know how well this is going to hold up yet - I've only had it a couple of days and only really used it today, but it seems pretty well put together. I hope your return/refund happens and painlessly. It's a DOG HARNESS. Do people think they're not going to be subjected to some general stress and should maybe not fall to pieces as a result? Ergh.

Well, she's certainly full of something.

No, all joking aside she's a really great, really fun dog. Bringing her home was one of the best decisions I've made in life.

2_zpse01cc32a.jpg

I can't stop laughing.

Also, totally not a border collie, but Kylie does her own kind of fetching.

2_zps11d246bf.jpg

7_zpsd9c594dc.jpg

9_zpsb97ad893.jpg

And then I posted those pictures and she decided to get back to fetching a real ball outside and away from home.

58SFV9jMxphUUMYT9Eha6P.jpg

We'll return to border collie puppy pictures in the next installment - I promise.

I think it's safe to say we love all dogs. We just REALLY love Border Collies.

I suppose the connection here is my border collie got my tiny little mutt back into toys and fetch. I loved Molly already but for that I could kiss her - well, kiss her more than usual. I REALLY needed Kylie's toy drive to come back and watching Molly have a blast with balls and tug seems to have done the trick.

(And I REALLY like border collies, too)