BC Boards
CptJack

(My) Molly grows up.

She and Nettie really are living in the land of 'This is not what I expected a BC to look like'. She's looking more like one as she gets older, but at 7 weeks or so she honestly looked more like a lab mix to me. Though in fairness she's got some ACD going on, on her dad's side.

The ears kill me. They are ALL over, constantly. Fun, but not always cute. Right now they're both up - and by right now I mean this five minutes? IDEK where this is going but it's neat.

Oh, I meant to update this post with this bit of info:

I have ordered her karma collar and fancy tag. It'll probably not fit right away, but I'm really looking forward to it getting here.

http://karmacollars.com/products/the-victorian-heart-single-layer

Also, 18 weeks, 23lbs per the vet today. (She got rabies and licensed. She's like a real dog, now.)

Thank you for the link. I just bookmarked it under "Things my puppy doesn't need but I am going to buy anyway".

I love the first photo of Molly. Those ears are so adorable. This evening I was playing fetch with Nattie and I admit I would hold the tennis ball a little longer than needed just so I could watch her ears change position.

I dunno, I kind of think every dog needs at least one really nice leather collar.

Now AFTER that one, you might have a problem.

(The ears slay me. I LOVE the ears, so much).

Love that collar - it'll look great on Molly! What leather collor did you order? I have a collection of collars... Mostly basic adjustable nylon and some Lupine collars. But I like getting each dog a nice classic collar, too. I already bought my dog gear for the month but I think Kolt is getting his Karma collar next month...

Black. It's really strange, I know there's no contrast in that and usually with her stuff I'd try to go something higher contrast, but I actually really like black on her. Her other 'big girl' collar is nylon webbing but it's encased in BRIGHT GREEN satin brocade with gold dragons though, so Might possibly be compensating a little.

iiyxcUuklX8e2M4PJqCml.jpg

It'll be a little bit before that one looks right on her, but I like it a lot.

My dogs daily wear are padded, rolled leather collars - mostly in deference to how badly Kylie and Thud's fur breaks off with nylon flat collars. But everyone's got some kind of fabric collar and a nicer leather collar and the rolled ones - I've got a problem?. The only other one who has a really, really nice collar though is Thud and Molly when hers get here.

Thud's is a custom made etsy collar:

qectbGLUdpbuYli7SDXj3.jpg

13153062984_105c6c23a5_o.jpg

I'm also a big fan of neat tags:

13153063304_d532069855_o.jpg

13334433525_9e08485252_c.jpg

Right now I've got green lantern, superman, and captain america with dog variations. I need to get batman and... I dunno someone else to those match too.

...I LIKE DOG STUFF, OK?

...I LIKE DOG STUFF, OK?

ROTFL You're offering a lot of justification where I don't see anyone criticizing. :rolleyes:

My dogs have always had one (pretty inexpensive) utilitarian collar each that usually lasts them their lifetimes, but I'm not criticizing your penchant for doggy bling.

I'm thinkin' you're the one who thinks you have a problem. :lol:

I grew up poor. Spending 80.00 or more on a dog collar, even when I LOVE IT A LOT makes me feel guilty. ...Though in retrospect buying ANYTHING just because I want it makes me feel guilty.

There's a problem there, but it's probably not the dog stuff.

Look. Some people spend that on wine, some on meals out, regular fancy coffees. Some people spend it on expensive antiquarian books, collectible cards, posters, china teacups, drinking sessions (one of which can be 80 if you're not careful), nice furniture, designer clothes, jewellery. All of these I am fine with. If it's your thing, if you love it, if it's worth it to you and you'll get value out of it, why not?

Most people with disposable income have something like that, whether they recognise it or not. Unless they're living in bare rooms, eating plain boiled rice, and giving it all away to charity. People can sometimes class the stuff they're not interested in as 'frivolous' and the stuff they love as 'necessary'.

And if you really feel bad about it think about the people who are employed to make the collars. You're keeping the money in circulation and contributing to the economy, your country's social services, and reduced unemployment. Now go get a batman tag, and while you're at it send me the link. :P

Oh my god they are amazing.

They have Cthulhu ones too!

My dogs have tags, but the sick one totally needs a 'do not feed me' one right? No reason that can't be somewhat colourful...

Edit: I mean, they're already wearing bog-standard nylon collars that are 1-5 years old, I am pretty much ahead of the game right? Totally justifiable.

You're totally ahead of the game and if it helps? I've had tags from that company/in that style for more than a year now and they still look brand new. I was replacing the cheaper tags a LOT more frequently because eventually they'd sort of... fade out/rub away.

Oh...now I need to order some tags too! I think I spent an hour on that site looking at tags. I wonder if I could order one with my GSD's photo on it and "My dog loves me" on the back. My adult daughter is living away from home and really misses her dog. She could put it on her key chain. :)

Molly's dragon collar is beautiful! Where did you get it?

By the way, I think Thud is one of the best names ever for a dog. Especially a big moose of a dog.

Yep! You can totally order anything you want with those tags. I LOVE Thud's name. Like... no name has ever suited a dog better.

The green collar comes from here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CollarsByMickey - They do really good work and donate to who you want. I'm now weirdly sad that they have a PINK collar like that. I JUST GOT THE GREEN ONE. Oh well, Pink is Kylie's color anyway.

They do not ship to Europe (CollarsByMickey).

Right, well, I'm going to go get a plane ticket now. Who has a garage I can sleep in while waiting for the collar to arrive?

Pfft. I'm sure you can find someone to forward it for you. Or you can feel relieved that you got an out. Orrrr you can carry on browsing etsy because there are some seriously GORGEOUS collars and dog things from all over the world.

I love that the collar is green. Nattie is my 12 year old daughter's dog and the child's favorite color is green and she loves dragons.

So the shopping list so far: Two (can't leave out my GSD) beautiful leather collars with matching leashes, one green dragon collar for dressy events for Nattie, fun dog tags to dress up all the plain collars, a few spare dog/kitty tags with photo of pet and "My dog/kitty loves me" for my pet loving children.....am I missing anything?

Mine is a Sundogs leather collar with the dog's name and number on it, Batman or Cthulhu tags, and a silk brocade martingale collar when I find one that is within my budget or when my budget expands.

Those will all totally match each other, right?

Edit: CptJack, are you on commission? :P

Rem's mom, I'm sure you're missing something - and I'll think of it later.

No commission for me, but I wish. MY list just keeps slowly expanding. Real reason for multiple dogs; Multiple places to hang collars? Maybe. >.>

Gundog Supply don't ship to me either. Really, I'm very lucky.

Although stuff is sooo much cheaper in the U.S. The CollarsByMickey ones, for example, are 3/4 the price of the cheapest similar products I could find.

Oh hey! Pictures again. Husband was home at lunch and took some for me. Most of them aren't great, but this one.

1_zps8bc636d1.jpg

I. Love. This. Picture.