BC Boards
CptJack

(My) Molly grows up.

One of the games I invented for (my) Molly as she recuperated from the injury that turned out NOT to be an injury (three of four vets agree my girl has an early-onset case of Pano) was floor catch or "You Be The Netminder".

It required a box of tennis balls :)

She has to stay in a down position and I roll them on the floor to her in increasingly rapid succession, varying the trajectory, and she has to either catch them or nudge them to stop any from going behind her. MAN, does she have amazing reflexes and she loves, loves, loves that game.

I did notice a very interesting thing. As more and more balls filled up the space in front of her, the newly rolled ones started having unreliable trajectories - sometimes pushing other balls closer to her, etc, She exercised tremendous patience and waited and unless a ball was going to go past her, she ignored it - they hit her nose and her head and her tail and her legs and she ignored them, tracking the one or two that were going to get by her.

By day three, *nothing* got by her even when she had to do a "lunge" from a down position, skittling across the floor like a snake.

Instincts and genetics are amazing things.

She ate something... illadvised before I could stop her, so between fasting, meds, and frequent potty trips I've been trying to limit her crazy running around (also to save my house and her housebreaking). That game turned out to be perfect.

Pano, man. Yuck. What a (pun reluctantly intended) pain.

NC_zps55330c2f.jpg

NC4_zpse7350cc3.jpg

New collar. She's feeling better, now. We're still trying to take it a little easy but she's obviously feeling much better - and not just because she's no longer going out every couple of hours.

And new collar.

She's got a scrawny neck and a big head, but yeah. I figure at the rate she's going another 2 weeks and she'll be about right.

I have a collar and leash *habit*. It's a little bit sad because on a daily basis they just all wear plain rolled leather collars (including her). But they've all got fancy schamcy stuff.

Would you mind sharing hte one you've picked out for your guy?

I have a collar and leash *habit*. It's a little bit sad because on a daily basis they just all wear plain rolled leather collars (including her). But they've all got fancy schamcy stuff.

Would you mind sharing hte one you've picked out for your guy?

Here it is - Karma Collars Little Ranger collar - seems appropriate for a dog named Kolt!

Kenzi has the Zion collar and it is a lovely, well made collar. Only downside is that her fur mostly covers it...

I like the 3/4" size collars for Border Collies and if I order on free leash Friday I get a bonus leash along with it :) Now to decide what color leather I want it made out of....

Here it is - Karma Collars Little Ranger collar - seems appropriate for a dog named Kolt!

Kenzi has the Zion collar and it is a lovely, well made collar. Only downside is that her fur mostly covers it...

I think I will have to get one of these once my little Nat stops growing. I love leather collars.

Molly is such a beautiful puppy! I really enjoy watching her grow!

Thanks for those links. I've been meaning to add a karma collar or five to my leather collars collection. As soon as she's reasonably close to full grown - I can start with her.

6_zps623fd1f6.jpg

New game around these parts.

5_zpsbdf588f7.jpg

9_zpsedb9c719.jpg

And these I just like:

8_zps46a581e7.jpg

11_zps36dcb677.jpg

12_zps8b8a2513.jpg

She's starting to look like a *dog*. A border collie, even!

You are KILLIN' me here - the one with the tongue over the nose . . .

Not a good time for a puppy, not a good time for a puppy, not a good time for a puppy - my mantra every time I check these pages.

Ruth and SuperGibbs

It's been a bit.

16 weeks day after tomorrow, and at the vet today she weighed about 18 1/2 lbs - Looks like she's gonna be a nice, middle of the road size.

1_zps8a16e3fd.jpg

At the vet.

Then we took her out to the park for some fun time.

2_zpsdf4abb53.jpg

3_zpsab29bb07.jpg

4_zps8516341d.jpg

5_zps1fcf2ec2.jpg

6_zpsddd8b1e7.jpg

8_zps70406c53.jpg

She has been the best puppy, and she's growing into such an incredible dog. Confident, sweet, friendly, happy, eager - just all around awesome.

OMG, look at her grow!

Wow. She's *gorgeous* and getting so big.

My Molly was 30lbs-ish at 16 weeks - and she was MUCH smaller as a wee puppy - so who can tell with the weight game,eh?

Love the pics, keep 'em coming1

She is so ridiculous right now. It's like her front end, her back end, and her head are all growing at different rates. A week ago she had an enormous front end and puny back end. This week she's got a giant butt, shorter front legs and tiny head. Puppies are such messes. Endearing but (LOL).

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished dog more and more, though, whatever it winds up being.

Your Molly has been having such a rough time. I want to cuddle her and you. It sounds miserable for everyone involved.

She is a lovely little lady.

I LOVE the ears!!!!!

She is so ridiculous right now. It's like her front end, her back end, and her head are all growing at different rates. A week ago she had an enormous front end and puny back end. This week she's got a giant butt, shorter front legs and tiny head. Puppies are such messes. Endearing but (LOL).

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished dog more and more, though, whatever it winds up being.

Your Molly has been having such a rough time. I want to cuddle her and you. It sounds miserable for everyone involved.

Molly is sporting a mohawk presently - her (rough) coat is starting to come in and she has an interesting dorsal thing going on :) The ear wings are killing me. Last week her back legs looked like she might fall off them, this week her front legs have turned into tree trunks and her ass looks emaciated. They're so ridiculous and ridiculously endearing :)

The misery is coming to an end, I think - we know now what we are dealing with and can manage it to some degree - but I do believe she will care MUCH less about the pain as long as she can have her life back. I will have to get used to seeing her run off like all is well only to drop to the ground twenty feet hence and skittle along on her belly. Better than lying in a crate staring out at the world.

It will bring itself to an end and in the meanwhile there are butterflies to chase and crickets to hunt and I suspect I care more about the pain than she does :)

Her ears crack me up - and delight me.

Thanks for the compliments guys.

2OaOD7BtBZZGCwZ5qvPw6g.jpg

5NVdE9z0MwzpeQfBLxAD9U.jpg

Ye0HXsBrFeo658vgtev0M.jpg

3OlNBg4vVOHU8yT0O5645y.jpg

6ge8wcIxVq6DIWELVdO8NL.jpg

Time is going so fast with her - but I'm having a ton of fun so we should be.

Obedience classes start in a little less than 3 weeks. Just basic puppy stuff she already knows but in a new environment and with new distractions and other dogs around. I'm looking forward to it.

I took her to a tiny little playground/park-let today (it was dead empty). I could call this 'work on climbing/balancing/being on unstable surfaces' for agility and it'd kind of be true, but mostly it was just fun with the puppy. Fun with the puppy was certainly my motivation.

M1_zps96b7fcc5.jpg

M3_zpsd1b94dc4.jpg

M4_zps1591b6dd.jpg

(Out-take. )

M5_zps0a07a6d0.jpg

4QZoEatu46vE5zjApxfpcU.jpg

M7_zpsd8c15fdc.jpg

M10_zpseaa89654.jpg

Annnd

M8_zps1b147fa3.jpg

M9_zps6ddfc5c1.jpg

Thanks. She really is all the fun in the world. She gets stressed out and overwhelmed once in a while, but she's SO willing to work through it - and mostly she's just completely fearless and willing to do *ANYTHING*.

Her ears are completely ridiculous and delight me to no end. I HATE those same ears on my GSD mix, but they suit her. Probably because they suit her so well.

5UTW2ly7f3OrwLhLq8LUOW.jpg

2ud70UPZpgD3PxaK3BmvvT.jpg

2P6uPDfUZQFPffaSzZgdIH.jpg

6xb8U8Ak8CagapVKBc0uvV.jpg

2TJek3qfq7VNeOKRC6H7Zp.jpg

She's starting to LOOK like a BC to me lately - but I think it's mostly that my expectations of what a BC looks like have changed and relaxed. Kind of ironic though since she's teething hard and probably not coincidentally NOT into chasing anything right now.