BC Boards
CptJack

(My) Molly grows up.

That's just adorable! I love how Molly has introduced the crouch as part of her running style :lol::D. I was actually scheduled to help judge a straight racing match a few weeks ago (mostly Borzoi), but due to inclement weather, the field became a problem for vehicle parking and the match was canceled.

I don't currently run my dogs because of their ages, but I do love to watch the other dogs run. We do use the field for off leash walking/running in an environment where I don't have to worry about off leash dogs running at us. Then again, Hannah flushed a 'fox' that looked suspiciously like a small coyote from the back side of a lone bush sitting in the middle of the field, so... Best laid plans and all.

Molly looks like she's having a blast!

She absolutely, totally, adores it. She did it as intended (and actually followed the lure) her first time out and after that it was just the crouching, cutting it off, changing directions, nonsense. We're very, very fortunate that we have a friend with the land and equipment and a lot of opportunity to play the way she wants to play for next to nothing.

Because darn it, she's not doing it right but she has the time of her life out there and it makes me happy - and makes me laugh.

I also LOVE getting to watch the other dogs do it 'right' and really open up and fly. Totally beautiful and so much fun for all of them.

She turns 4 on Tuesday:

Lp87nS105FeagCjuF5Up.jpg

Her nails are, yes, atrocious. The incident with her ripping out and splitting a bunch this spring has made nail trims... difficult. It's resolving, but meanwhile, they're atrocious.

Totally apropos of not much, Molly likes people now. Unfortunately for her, while people out and about were all too happy to respond to her growling, barking, raising hackles, going stiff and lunging at the end of her leash by stopping to baby talk and coo at her, they are *terrified* of her now. Because her greeting now involves a loose wiggly body, squinty eyes, waggly tail, c-shaped body on approach and... a submissive grin and sneezing.

PEOPLE CAN"T READ DOGS AT ALL, OMFG.

Sometimes, the really big wins?  They're not the titles, they're not the complicated behaviors, they're the dog being calm and happy and having a brain it its head when you get to an exciting place (first clip, arrival at agility lesson), and  just plain be happy to do stuff and play  in a busy public park.

It's been a road with this dog, but every time I think we've reached 'as good as she's going to get', she proves me wrong. 

This?  This is the stuff that makes me happy cry.

You can. 

2qpgN290EWZwNA7u4ArN6E.jpg

And cheeks. You can almost sometimes even catch the eyebrow spots occasional  The older she gets the more defined and lighter and more defined the brown bits get.    

3xfJZFY4AQwUg4vv1vYfzK.jpg

Kind of cool.