BC Boards
CptJack

(My) Molly grows up.

Awww! Hello Molly! I love getting to see the video and that wagging tail and bright eyes. Definitely post more!

As a side note, it's weird, I forget everyone in the world doesn't talk with the same accent I do. :P Surprised me.

I don't drawl nearly that much inside my head! (Surprises me too). I'm stuffy as heck, too, but mostly man. I am southern, y'all. XD

Ha! I'm from Colorado, the "newscaster" state. We generally have the most neutral speech pattern. Imagine my surprise when I went to northern Wisconsin last year to hear "I love your accent! Where are you from?".

I seriously love seeing videos of other people's dogs, it so different from seeing standstill photos! I love the other dimension! She still reminds me so much of Keeper.

Videos are so, so different and I love them for that. It really makes me feel like I 'know' the dog a bit better. Plus you get more than one angle.

2%20-%201_zpskqjtbsls.jpg

3%20-%201_zpsszki0x5x.jpg

4%20-%201_zpssewqjctg.jpg

I swear, Molly just gets prettier every day. Somehow.

1%20-%201_zpsgdhdrdat.jpg

This dog is just gorgeous. The older she gets, the more mature she gets, the prettier she gets.

2%20-%201_zps4q49n4zd.jpgBonus.

It's been a good bit. Have a couple of new pictures.

3%20-%201_zpsrpeowdgc.jpg

12%20-%201_zpsvvm9fjdw.jpg

She's just pretty.

17%20-%201_zps67xhxw20.jpgI threw a STICK. She came out with a log. Overachiever.

She's beautiful! Such a shiny coat, too. It looks like Kylie has decided Molly's not so bad as an adult?

When I was a teenager we had a Lab who used to grab logs off the firewood pile to play with. The Jack Russell would grab the other end and run around with him. The Lab would lie down to chew on his "stick," and the JRT would growl at him to leave HER stick alone. He'd leave and get another one. And thus, we were always picking up firewood around the place. I always laugh at the mental image of a big log like Molly's with a pony-sized Lab on one end and a JRT on the other.

Kylie's fine with Molly as an adult. Kylie's still not a dog's dog, if you know what I mean - She's just much more into people than other dogs - but she and Molly have a nice little relationship going on and they cuddle up quite a bit in the evenings when people aren't as readily available.

Dogs and logs, man. The image of one on each end of a log made me laugh too!

Oh and this kind of thing happens occasionally:

3%20-%201_zpsoiephtm0.jpg

Basically she's just not going to PLAY with Molly.

And given her size, I don't think that's unfair.

That seems very reasonable... it's hard to play with someone who can squish you. I just remember chuckling at some of the faces Kylie made at her way early in the thread.

I haven't been around DF much lately, either. Stupid holidays, but there will be more spam popping up here as weather improves. Probably, anyway.

But her antics are beautiful and fun and my GOD stopping/breaking from agility for a while is the best thing I have ever done for our relationship.

4cIk6tq2vYtqejwIlEm1ql.jpg

Little Miss thing is very close to two (next month).

It's been a ride, but I wouldn't change it for the world.

3XtZVVMK5tv0slHiKmCkpE.jpg

5m9LwooqPkBjkkSNrhytHL.jpg

So. Less picture update and more general one, but.

Molly's reactivity crap has mostly vanished. In fact I'd say she's less inclined to lunge and bark than Kylie. She's gone to agility practices and been good, done meet ups with other people and their dogs in the park, where we've had herds of kids running and screaming (and then running on all 4s because wtf?), is happily and comfortably walking around town. We're doing rally right now, a little bit and that's the thing for this summer, but.

She's just. Suddenly a real dog. She rode along to Kylie's agility lesson this morning, napped in the car. People watched in a busy parking lot while husband was picking up food. Went to the park and played disc and walked and when other people showed up could not have cared less.

I won't be suggesting people pet her any time soon and I will continue to maintain distance but going out with her is no longer stressful. She's busted her butt for me and I love this dog so much.

Beautiful girl. The one I have just taken in is the first smooth coated BC I've had, but I like the looks of them, and yours is gorgeous.

Beautiful girl. The one I have just taken in is the first smooth coated BC I've had, but I like the looks of them, and yours is gorgeous.

Thank you so much. I really, really do adore this girl though she had some... odd stages along the way. And since you've reminded me of this thread as I'm offloading photos, I'm updating it AGAIN :P

4TcFvIpu4JQKiPEJF5Up.jpg

40lkYWUC6aPLFhsUF5Up.jpg

5ix8T49pBgRwXGNtF5Up.jpg

bXQ7CW29EFOnRfRyF5Up.jpg

LZlbrYEmHiFxpEknF5Up.jpg

and a bonus mutt:

1zsh6PY445sBocqkF5Up.jpg