BC Boards
CptJack

(My) Molly grows up.

Tonight was the best agility class we've ever had. Not because she did well with agility stuff (nailed contacts, did well on a little sequence, generally handled well) but because she was so, so happy. She actually got butt-tucked zoomies for a second or two and was just so... confident and happy. Not just relaxed, but so, so happy.

I think she's learning that maybe this game is a lot of fun. Finally.

Kylie has more in common with Molly than a foofy little thing ought to have in common with a BC.

3%20-%201_zpsvlwbyupv.jpgBeg1_zps92ead9a4.jpg

h84gIdtxhfWUOcRMapwHa.jpg

6_zpshxxuog3w.jpg

1%20-%201_zpsfj0zmkrn.jpg7%20-%201_zps1wai0pyh.jpg

they're also both kinda cute.

8%20-%201_zpswqgz806z.jpg2%20-%201_zpsknxots4p.jpg

Hey look - weaves:

VN7yUhBoSfrCSYFJg5NCf.jpg

2Alo2OGeqV3rtRrf0fOvJd.jpg

There's a pole(s) out of frame - she isn't weaving backward. I also noticed the terrain when I looked at pictures, which was after I'd set up. Oops.

Still need to build independence, but she seems to have the idea on both sides. Even if she's just kind of got legs going every which way in that last picture.

We may or may not make next week's agility class due to work obligation, and as that's the last one in this level husband came along and took a few picture.

1%20-%201_zpscnkirquq.jpg

6%20-%201_zpsbwgrwehl.jpg

8%20-%201_zpsnkcxxhu5.jpg

9%20-%201_zpsqbixokhr.jpgI actually really like this picture.

11%20-%201_zpsdh0nitm8.jpgAnd this one just makes me laugh - worst picture of either of us, ever.

She has got the. longest. legs. I love her legs. I love her legs so freaking much.

That said, I have no idea how she managed to achieve looking *that* much like a sighthound in that last picture. I'm honestly not sure what she's doing with all those legs there, but it does make me giggle!

I saw a dog running in a sheepdog trial many years ago that looked for the world like a tiny greyhound. More muscular than a whippet, but about the same size.

Border x whippet = lurcher. ;) My Tansy looks a lot like the last photo, except she has a mostly fairly short rough coat except for the but fringes and tail, the latter which is very long. And she's sable & white. And she has floppy ears.

CptJack, is that photo a known border collie/whippet cross?

I love, and I mean love, lurchers. We don't see them a lot around here - and by that I mean other than rescued/retired greyhounds I've never laid eyes on any kind of sighthound, so I don't think there's much chance Molly actually is one (even accounting for all other factors) but I LOVE THEM. I think they're some of the most stunningly beautiful dogs, ever.

That last photos is a dog that's known to be a border/whippet cross. I found it in a google search but then went to page instead of image, and it's got links to her parents (and some other things that would make the board's communal heads explode - flyball dog)

I love, and I mean love, lurchers.

Want mine? :P

She's one of the sweetest dogs I've ever known, but also the biggest brat. She's fine at home but try to take her anywhere . . . a reactive, hyperactive nut.

She's lightening fast. She'd probably be an amazing agility dog if she belonged to someone who could do that. Or lure coursing. We tried it once and she's a natural. But lurchers can't compete so I haven't pursued it.

She's a rescue so I don't know her breeding, but I'm fairly certain she's an accidental lurcher. Since she's long haired, I suspect maybe Saluki rather than whippet. She's too smart to be an Afghan cross. ;)

Molly lost track of my husband at agility class last night, while he was helping move equipment and then gathering my training bag for me and I went to talk to the instructor about Kylie. Then he came over to talk to us and she barked her fool head off, like she'd never laid eyes on him before. She got over it quickly and bounced all over him in excitement, but... really? On the positive side her reactivity has improved to the degree that when a lose dog came running up into her face she did not a blessed thing except stand there while I grabbed it by the harness and held it for the owner.

Which is to say *NO*. I am juuuust seeing the end of the tunnel with my hyperactive, reactive nut. ...Ask me that question a year from now and I might be plotting kidnappings.

2%20-%201_zpsmqy9d3ty.jpgEars are definitely still in the land of 'whatever she feels like'.

17%20-%201_zps9tppswn7.jpg

16%20-%201_zpsmvtijvzl.jpg

14%20-%201_zpsjjqpao2o.jpg

4%20-%201_zpsmndy5cov.jpg

21%20-%201_zps8qxbwchq.jpg

10%20-%201_zpswvbog11k.jpg

I really love this dog. The dork.

22%20-%201_zpstlc3bpun.jpg

I take back every negative thing I have ever said about Molly and cats. I suspect OUR cats (this isn't one of them) just hate HER, instead of the other way around.

That is adorable all three of my cats love my dogs and I often catch inter species cuddling.

My own cats are holding a grudge against Molly being an evil, chase happy puppy. I didn't let it happen but it happened and that was enough for there to be lasting animosity.

8%20-%201_zpsvfd6ivfg.jpg

Best thing I ever bought for Molly. Or any other dog, for that matter. The harness and patches, yeah, but mostly SPACE.

Just got back from vacation - with all 5 dogs.

39_zpse7b53ozz.jpg

9%20-%201_zpsfalikyh0.jpg

11%20-%201_zpsux99gnfd.jpgMolly learned to swim! ("Learned" - First water deep enough.)

29%20-%201_zpshe98rhdi.jpg

6%20-%201_zpsqsq2g9mp.jpg

30%20-%201_zpsmajpsjtg.jpg

12%20-%201_zpsq4a6xuzm.jpg

2%20-%201_zpsr15mbw2p.jpg

They had the time of their lives.

8%20-%201_zps6q8nekh5.jpg

32%20-%201_zpsjgjw0tpg.jpgEven if some of them were unsure about this tractor perching (we stayed at the family farm - photo taken with permission, obviously)

Wooow, that's an impressive last photo. Really speaks to how well trained your dogs are!

Thank you! It isn't perfect, but getting a deaf dog to look at you is hard, so I didn't push too hard on that front.

Learning to use the video on my camera so I can teach my husband and, hopefully, get my husband to video some agility.

Meanwhile, have a tiny clip.

and a picture.

4%20-%201_zpsbymxloet.jpg