BC Boards
CptJack

(My) Molly grows up.

She is so intense. And gorgeous.

You have no idea how hard I laughed at this. Because yeah, she REALLY is. Sweet, good off switch most of the time, but she's been getting limited attention OR exercise this week because of some home repairs and she reached 'Play-bowing at her bone and using the loveseat as a trampoline' early this afternoon. ...we went out and played some ball and learned a new trick and took those pictures. She was capable of switching it off a little after that, but she was ON in a big way.

Class tonight was actually really good. First part of class she was successfully IN the ring with the other dogs (like standing in the circle with them), either at a nice heel position or front, kept her eyes on me and did really, really well with only minimal reminders. Then the BC who's made her uncomfortable from go attacked the GSD beside her and well. She had a meltdown for a little bit. She managed to recover pretty well, did a little bit of directional flat work when it was her turn (was behind a fence) and a little bit of targeting stuff (also behind a fence). Didn't do either one particularly well, but in a typical distracted puppy I want to sniff things and look at things way rather than anything more.

After that the other dogs ran recalls and we went into the chainlink 'kennel' where some of the equipment is stored. We played fetch. Seriously, two dogs running recalls parallel to her, maybe 6 feet away at some points and she just - played ball. Stopped to look once or twice but mostly played until she was tired, did a little bit more obedience work - and then snuggled up in my lap and casually watched them.

Left without any incident, carrying her stuffed bunny all the way to the car. I will say she was REALLY glad to get out of there when class was over, but she did all right.

I don't know how well this is being generalized right now - we need to get out and put it to work in the real world more than we've had a chance to until now - but frankly the speed at which she is figuring out that the other dogs are IRRELEVANT and I want her to pay attention to and play with me is pretty reassuring. I am realizing that tug works way, way better for her as a reward in this kind of environment than food. I don't think it's that it's higher value necessarily, I think that it gives her an outlet for nervous/frustrated energy.

3 classes down, 4 to go. I'm pretty happy with where she's at/how far she's come and I'm really proud of her, but I also think I'm not actually going to attempt any real agility with her for probably another year if at all. I think I COULD do it next session, but what's that saying? Just because you can doesn't mean you should? We'll see.

70 degrees and sunshine? I'll take it, and I'll take advantage of it!

2_zps5121f874.jpg

Border collie, cat. Same difference, right?

3_zps434e7dc0.jpg

4_zps26f9c78d.jpg

(The out take/lol)

7_zps31eb022c.jpg

Perch.

9_zpsd19812b6.jpg

11_zps4b0f63b8.jpg

15_zpsa20cd4e4.jpg

17_zps2cdaa1f9.jpg

18_zps1349a320.jpg

And done.

SERIOUSLY nice day.

Guess what we did at agility tonight?

AGILITY. WITH THE CLASS. We stood in the circle, we moved around the circle with other people and dogs in front of and behind us while we did crosses, she did her get outs off leash successfully, she ran through the tunnel (also off leash). She didn't lose it once and it was beautiful. Other people noticed. People complimented us on her progress even from last week.

Best of all, as soon as she realized running with me/ahead of me was part of the game she had the time of her life.

We're going to go ahead and do foundations with her again next go around, then take the summer off because it's just too hot for my other dog or ME, but I am so proud of this puppy. So, so proud.

Wooo!! Yay Molly!!!

Thanks. I really, really can't get across how proud and happy I was with her. I could cry. In an entirely positive and happy way.

Thanks, guys! I'm pretty hesitant to take any real credit here - speed she got better makes me think it's mostly her rather than me, but seeing her having fun and doing what she was supposed to be doing was a glorious thing. Seeing other peple recognize that? Best feeling ever.

Yeah, I do well with positive reinforcement, why do you ask?

Okay, time for more pictures because of course it is.

5_zpsfdbe75ee.jpg

4_zps24672d59.jpg

7_zps89c2620c.jpg

13_zps6dfedec1.jpg

14_zps42073a71.jpg

17_zpsdf2838ab.jpg

Happy dog is HAPPY.

20_zps25d1511a.jpg

Still with the legs.

Weather report:

Flurries, no accumulation.

2_zps80c6ab30.jpg

1_zps57e39df9.jpg

3_zps2bf8b490.jpg

4_zpse6fb1bf2.jpg

5_zps7a3f8b9b.jpg

Wanna try again, forecast?

Also, this is just a few hours from the above set.

I love the photos of Molly and Thud. Thud really looks like a GSD in the photo of him jumping. He is such a handsome boy!

I think you deserve a lot of the credit for the changes in Molly. The changes may be from her but you are giving her the opportunity to have to practice those changes out and about in the real world.

Every once in a blue moon, the wind blows just right and Thud's ears come up and I get a reminder of why I'm so sure he's a GSD mutt, instead of just a gigantic brown mutt.

I mean, besides his behavior. That is ALL GSD, all the time.

7_zps7c0fd2b4.jpg

2_zps96e67531.jpg

And thank you. I really, really am proud of her and myself a little, too. I'll be interested to see if last week repeats itself this week or not. Assuming we aren't snowed or frozen out, of course, which honestly seems pretty likely right now:/

It's me again, God BC Forums:

5aPnZNqOqEsZD60FqRWHTn.jpg

3V4KKEbAxHAWC5QMKsP5PO.jpg

Tb_zps1829c021.jpg

K3_zpsbb7429bc.jpg

M5_zps5c5fcc64.jpg

M4_zps8c5f812c.jpg

M7_zps64ad402f.jpg

There will almost certainly be more tomorrow. When we have more snow.

I said there would be more and there are.

These I really, and I mean REALLY, love. Want to have printed and framed love (they are SO much better at full resolution).

6_zpsf48d6946.jpg

8_zps8ebc4bdb.jpg

9_zps21132306.jpg

10_zpsc6ea894c.jpg

Kylie has a new friend:

25_zps1eb9eef8.jpg

12_zpsf0315aa8.jpg

27_zpsdba819b4.jpg

The rabbit's not new, actually, but Kylie's only slowly warming up to him. She started off terrified. Now the only 'issue' is he wants to groom her and she just does not approve.

...Tons of prey drive, that little dog. /sarcasm.

Gorgeous photos, Molly is of course beautiful as always :wub: And I love the bunny, he looks so tiny, I love those really dwarf ones with smaller ears. Mine are larger, a lionehad and a lop.

Thanks! He's a cute little suck. We actually have two more coming from his breeder next month. Was supposed to be one but since we're pet people we get a freebie - one of the babies went blind in one eye from an eye infection. Ah well, one more neuter and cage, we'll be fine,

And they're all tiny, cutesy things who are STUPID sweet.

Thanks! He's a cute little suck. We actually have two more coming from his breeder next month. Was supposed to be one but since we're pet people we get a freebie - one of the babies went blind in one eye from an eye infection. Ah well, one more neuter and cage, we'll be fine,

And they're all tiny, cutesy things who are STUPID sweet.

The best thing you can do for a bunny is give him company of his own kind. I've always had two since I can remember owning them, and the one time my Lola was without a parter, just after he passed away, she fell into a serious depression. Then we got her a new husband, and they've been doing great for 2 years now (Lola is 8, btw) :)