BC Boards
CptJack

(My) Molly grows up.

I figured I'd maintain a thread over here and update it periodically.

These pictures start with oldest and move toward newest/most recent.

5_zps7b089d4e.jpg

4K2RWBsnX0KbILNQRnNfMu.jpg

oeQdLosTKjqQ4P1Pc5njQ.jpg

These are from today:

GnvRQ1aOab47L3Pk3zfub.jpg

1ynePJC4lXHAzSkoy816b7.jpg

5Omd3CwV5uTVsF5p1wtj2z.jpg

32cnMeZiiInU7nMGHjRzyD.jpg

and my favorite:

6kFo6ZVxGkuwjqfnHUAHZp.jpg

Thanks guys - she's only been here a couple of weeks but I already can't imagine life without her. She's a real character.

Your Molly is lovely.

Your Molly and my Molly are very different types - and both beauties.

Your Molly is lovely.

Your Molly and my Molly are very different types - and both beauties.

For sure! She's actually a BC/ACD mix - 3/4 BC (I admittedly see absolutely no real ACD in that puppy, but it's there). Your girl is *gorgeous*, and I'm obviously pretty fond of mine :P

Cutie Patootie!

Thank you!

She *can* be incredibly sweet. For thirty seconds, maybe a minute, at a time. Then she's just trouble.

M1_zpsdcb84b87.jpg

I can not get over the legs on this puppy.

DSC_0101_zps5db79df4.jpg

Kylie's over EVERYTHING about this puppy, though.

Hahaha - I have a cat who wants to pen pal with Kylie. They are not aggressive to one another - the cat just is not interested in a friendship and the puppy wants to be BFFs RIGHT NOW!

They are not aggressive to one another - the cat just is not interested in a friendship and the puppy wants to be BFFs RIGHT NOW!

That's pretty much where we are. Kylie's very patient and long-suffering, and she'll put up with a lot of puppy crap. She'll play with the puppy for 10-15 minute bursts but mostly she just does. not. care.

The other dogs here are TOTALLY in love with Molly. Molly, however, would much prefer to be bffs with the dog who is largely apathetic to her existence.

Because of course that's how it works.

I get a little camera happy with puppies - I hope you can all forgive me.

M1_zps5f1f7d38.jpg

M2_zps5a7a702e.jpg

M3_zpsf3eafd64.jpg

M4_zpsba032087.jpg

M5_zps89eea18b.jpg

M6_zpse224e9d1.jpg

M7_zps16868256.jpg

TAKE OFF! (This is so my favorite)

M8_zps6df5b94d.jpg

Molly is so cute! I love the photo where she is looking out of the corner of her eye...like she is up to something!

My pup is only four months old and I have almost 2000 photos of her. I have not weeded out the bad ones yet but I think when I do I will still have a lot of photos.

Molly is so cute! I love the photo where she is looking out of the corner of her eye...like she is up to something!

My pup is only four months old and I have almost 2000 photos of her. I have not weeded out the bad ones yet but I think when I do I will still have a lot of photos.

I can not even imagine what I would have if I didn't weed/delete as I go. But PUPPIES. You've got to document this stuff, so you can be nostalgic later.

7D04Iq3LhV40aFGObi706P.jpg

Dog likes her sticks.

3gnbQtmwpLqupWfF2QSUak.jpg

12 weeks old tomorrow. Where is time going?

I have literally only three sessions of puppy pics with my dogs, two with the lab and one with the terrier. Ah the regrets.

I have literally only three sessions of puppy pics with my dogs, two with the lab and one with the terrier. Ah the regrets.

Yeah. I have taken tons of pictures of the more recent dogs' first year primarily because I've had so many dogs over my lives where I took none and regretted it like heck. I may be going a bit overboard, but I really don't want to have that regret again. They grow up fast, and they change so much. Being able to look back and see those changes is something I cherish.

I used to make my living as a photo journalist. Therefore I am incredibly remiss in taking "snapshots". It's the "cobbler's children go shoeless" syndrome. I have shots from all over the world, some of them pretty good one would think - but do I have a picture of my daughter's grade ten prom or my son's first time on a horse? Nope.

In fact, I said to my friend the other day, "I need a better camera!" and she said "What the hell are you talking about?" (because I have all sorts of envy-worthy camera equipment, I suppose) and I said, "I need a better one. One that you can just point and shoot."

Anyway - I for one am glad you take so many. As her name is also Molly and they are so close in age, I sort of feel a connection to her - and she is the cutest thing ever, isn't she?

Yeah. I had a 'nice' camera at one point - nothing professional but better than what I've been using, and an actual DSLR. It was great and all but it was way too much work for me to consistently get out and take snapshots of the dogs with. I'd rather have pictures with lower quality than not have pictures at all.

Someone today asked me if Molly was a beagle. All I could do was stare a bit and say, No, she really was mostly border collie just not a particularly 'pretty' one, or a typical one. Truth is, I find her endearingly goofy looking right now - but unless I'm WAAAAY off base or something throws a curve ball in there, I think she's going to grow up and into a dog that (for me) is gorgeous.

And I feel the exact same way about you and your Molly. Same name, close in age, it's impossible not to be at least a little invested.

I have to admit the name thing is really confusing me. I was looking at pictures going "Wow, Molly's really changed!"

I have to admit the name thing is really confusing me. I was looking at pictures going "Wow, Molly's really changed!"

Hahaha.

We could probably get a little side show going.

I think they're both gorgeous and they both have some spit and vinnegar in those eyes :)

Just right off the bat: The ball was rolled, we played very few times, I put it up and out of the way when we were done. Also, she has an "out", and is playing tug by invitation, too.

M9_zpsc0c980d7.jpg

Little ambitious there, Mol?

M11_zps76123670.jpg

This is not hiding, puppy....

M15_zps673d63e9.jpg

M21_zps98b08f74.jpg

M22_zps2ad7f471.jpg

M18_zps3d2385a3.jpg