BC Boards
SagePaw

I THINK my dog is part Border Collie??

Mind helping me figure out my dogs breed? She looks to me like a short haired BC mix.

I have ask on other site and (sometimes depending on the pics) I got different responses.

Most thought pitbull, border collie, cattle dog, rat terrier, fox terrier and/or lab. She is about 6 months old and around 25 lbs. Her ears are semi-erect, sometimes only one flops.

But here is 'Lola' at 3 months

lola_zps20d02109.jpg

5 months

Lola02_zpseeba6e4b.jpg

Present 6 months

IMG_0297_zpsfa4eed37.jpg

IMG_0281_zps71e04efb.jpgIMG_0285_zps0a8f0765.jpgIMG_0283_zps550c2bfb.jpg

She looks like a Border Collie/Pit Bull mix to me. Do an internet search for "Border Staffy" and you'll find some pretty similar looking dogs.

That is what I had labeled her as, but wasn't 100% sure because some said otherwise. Thanks for your input :)

Definitely got the BC vibe going on :) She's a beautiful dog.

Yes - I would definitely say that she has some terrier in the mix as well - but those legs are ALL BC.

You may have a much better idea when she's a little older. At 6 months it can be very hard to tell.

Ultimately, behavior is more -- or at least equally -- indicative than appearance, imo. Again, you'll be able to tell this better when she's older.

She looks so much like my Sammie. :) I always called him a Border Collie/Mystery mix. I never did figure out what he might have been mixed with. Sometimes I thought pit, sometimes whippet, sometimes I thought there might have been some lab mixed in. Chances are he was a mix of mixes. I don't even know if he had Border Collie in him. He looked it, but didn't act like one at all.

She is a beautiful girl!! Enjoy!!

She is a beauty and such expressions on her face, looks like she could look into your soul..

My guess is bc/rat terrier or even jack russell terrier. Look at some pictures on the internet of that mix. Evidently border jacks were all the rage a few years back and may still be for agility and flyball. I think that might be what my Mya is too. If so, you are in for a real treat, wonderful dogs.

BC/staffy, looks to me like. I was going to add the recently discovered and popular border collie/goofball mix, but she looks very serious to me, in all her expressions.

She is very cute - I'm glad she found a good home!

Ruth and SuperGibbs

... the recently discovered and popular border collie/goofball mix, ...

Ha - made me laugh. "The ears! The ears!"

My favourite thing about Border Collies is their sense of humor. Whatever long ago ancestor brought those genes to the pool ought to be given the honorary title "goofball Eve" (as I am sure it was a female) and revered throughout the community as a goddess.

...and now back to the regularly scheduled program ...

She definitely has a border collie personality. She is also very silly sometimes, and other times I catch her staring at me...just watching me like she is staring into my soul..haha

She's super cute! I LOVE the ears. I bet she's also a lot of fun!

I'd go with a BC/Pit Bull mix.

I went with Pit Bull over SBT (aka Staffy) because she's 6 months and already 25 pounds.

SBTs tend to be smaller (24-34 pounds for females) compared to pit bulls (35-45 pounds for females).

She definitely has a border collie personality. She is also very silly sometimes, and other times I catch her staring at me...just watching me like she is staring into my soul..haha

Mya does the same thing, my husband said he wishes she would not stare a hole in his back. You can feel that stare no matter where she is in the room LOL..

She's super cute! I LOVE the ears. I bet she's also a lot of fun!

I'd go with a BC/Pit Bull mix.

I went with Pit Bull over SBT (aka Staffy) because she's 6 months and already 25 pounds.

SBTs tend to be smaller (24-34 pounds for females) compared to pit bulls (35-45 pounds for females).

She is fun :) and I would think Pit bull too because I know she will be around 40 lbs grown

I would have said pit bull/border collie mix. The picture of Lola standing in the grass looks very pittie to me. She's lovely!

J.

That's a great point, I didn't think about weight! Can I change my guess?

If she's 25 lbs at 6 months, I don't think she'll get a lot bigger. I'd be surprised if she got to be 40 lbs, actually. But that's just a guess.

I know a few border staffies from flyball and she looks a lot like them. Regardless, she's adorable!

She looks so much like my Sammie. :) I always called him a Border Collie/Mystery mix. I never did figure out what he might have been mixed with. Sometimes I thought pit, sometimes whippet, sometimes I thought there might have been some lab mixed in. Chances are he was a mix of mixes. I don't even know if he had Border Collie in him. He looked it, but didn't act like one at all.

She is a beautiful girl!! Enjoy!!

I really like that, bc/mystery mix LOL... I will have to remember that.