BC Boards
chene

Itty Bitty Border Collies

I just got the first pictures of my pup's litter, and I figured no one would complain about some baby collies around here. They're about 2.5 weeks old, three boys and two girls, though I'm not sure which are which. The sire is Danae Frew's Bram and the dam is Lindsay Powell's Brit. I'm a huge fan of both dogs and super excited to finally get to see the puppies! I'll go to visit when they're around 5 weeks, but for now I'm just enjoying imagining what each one is like! I'll update with more pictures as I get them.

post-16231-0-74570300-1406318415_thumb.jpg

post-16231-0-06983600-1406318426_thumb.jpg

post-16231-0-59637100-1406318444_thumb.jpg

post-16231-0-15914400-1406318456_thumb.jpg

post-16231-0-28439500-1406318465_thumb.jpg

Savor every moment!! Even this waiting time! In 6 months it's going to seem like it went by in the blink of an eye!! :)

Watching them grow is a memory to treasure.

Yes! I will! Puppyhood does goes by so fast. But with every month and every year they grow there are more and more things to do! I'm just as excited for a dog as I am for a tiny puppy bundle. Parts go by in the blind of an eye but the dog will be around for quite a long time. Ahh! It's too exciting.

Aww! Bet you can't wait for the next couple of weeks to go by. They grow like weeds but I love watching the process and seeing my guy turn from a baby puppy into a cool dog.

OH MY!

I'm so excited for you Chene, I'm sure you can't wait! I remember the anticipation killed me! Have a fun 8 weeks of pacing :lol: . If you're anything like me, you'll mark the days down on the calendar starting from 9 months earlier.

Teresa, I have to admit the third is pretty darn spunky. They pretty much all take after their mom (black faced with only half a blaze) except for the last one. Both parents are tri, too, so I'm excited to see if/where brown bits will develop.

Sophia, I most definitely have been marking down the days in my calendar since the beginning of April! I can't imagining having to wait 9 months, that's incredible. I'm so glad to finally be in the home stretch of it all though.

I love love love the dark faces.

But really, I love all puppy faces. Keep the pictures coming. Hopefully it'll hold me over for awhile!

I love tiny puppies, I always think they look like little otters. I also love the dark faces! I remember getting the first photos of our puppy's litter and having my daughter point at the computer screen and say, "I want that one". It seems like the wait is forever and before you know it you have a sweet little puppy to call your own. Keep posting photos, I love to see puppies grow!

I love tiny puppies, I always think they look like little otters. I also love the dark faces! I remember getting the first photos of our puppy's litter and having my daughter point at the computer screen and say, "I want that one". It seems like the wait is forever and before you know it you have a sweet little puppy to call your own. Keep posting photos, I love to see puppies grow!

In our family we always say newborn puppies look like mice with dog faces. Of course, your comparison is less disturbing :lol: .

Is the breeder going to continually send you photos, or will the next chance you get be at the five weeks mark?

Lindsay referred to the newborns as hamsters, so not that far off! I think she usually takes some more pictures around 4 or 5 weeks, but since I'm going to be there around then anyways it doesn't matter much. Also, update on the genders: The two black faced ones are girls, and the other three are the boys (including the one with a tiny bit of white on the forehead).

simba, I have bad news for you...

Update! 4 weeks old, same order. I am going to pick out my pup sometime the week after this one. They'll be somewhere between 5 and 6 weeks. The breeder is keeping pup #2, but I'm next up so all the others are fair game. Their genders, in order, are female, male, male, female, male.

post-16231-0-86472500-1407111843_thumb.jpg

post-16231-0-25535800-1407111923_thumb.jpg

post-16231-0-69900200-1407111939_thumb.jpg

post-16231-0-26026200-1407111950_thumb.jpg

post-16231-0-88831800-1407111957_thumb.jpg

Male, until Lindsay mentioned that the females are slightly more outgoing. Now I'm not sure. We'll see when I visit.

So far I like 1, 3, and 5. I wasn't that interested in the first female until I saw the updated picture, she's turning out to be really lovely. We'll see what they're all like!

Wow! They are growing so fast. How can you choose? They are all so adorable!

When I chose my GSD I had pick of the males and there were four. I had a terrible time choosing because they were all so wonderful. How could I pick just one?

With our Border Collie I let my daughter choose and I was so glad. I am just not good at choosing puppies.

You guys! It happened! I met a puppy. I picked a puppy. Puppy is perfect.

I have to say, first of all, though, that Bram passed away about a week ago. He was an older dog, and they're not sure of the cause. They just came home one day to find he had gone. Honestly I'm not really sure how to feel about it all. It's hard. I didn't know him well enough to be upset except indirectly, but this may have been his last litter, and it's all just very strange...

On a lighter note, we got to the farm and went over to the barn where the puppies had been napping, and as we got closer tiny bundles started emerging from the entrance. We sat with them for a while and Lindsay's pup kept coming over to give me love. Lindsay said that things have changed and that two of the boys are the most outgoing now. "First two to everything" she said. Hers was the most so, and in her words he's certainly going to be a lot of dog. The girls didn't do much, and the fifth pup got nicknamed "dopey pup" within a few minutes of us getting there. But the other boy, mister Half-Blaze, was just mesmerizing. He was the other one who was first to everything, and his and Lindsay's pup were a great duo. But when we came, for a while he just lay there, watching everything, being sleepy and thoughtful and a bit cautious. After a while he got up and we got to see the real puppy emerge. But still in everything he does he seems so thoughtful, especially for such a young puppy. We brought him outside, away from his litter, to see what he did. He's very independent and he reminds Lindsay of Bram so much that she almost decided to switch. He has Brit's sharp mind though. He's lovely. Smart, outgoing, thoughtful, not too pushy, likes people, basically perfect. He is also probably going to be quite the rough coat, which is just the cherry on top!

Anyways, sorry for the ramble of puppy talk. It was very exciting. I never knew how soft and tiny 5.5 week old puppies were. Here are the pictures.

post-16231-0-29284400-1408035457_thumb.jpg

post-16231-0-94343800-1408035501_thumb.jpg

post-16231-0-42951600-1408035561_thumb.jpg

post-16231-0-08938700-1408035632_thumb.jpg

post-16231-0-17004900-1408035663_thumb.jpg

post-16231-0-66311600-1408035744_thumb.jpg

post-16231-0-03481100-1408035849_thumb.jpg

post-16231-0-92673900-1408035867_thumb.jpg