BC Boards

It's SUPERGibbs . . .

I'm at my favorite pet supply place, with Gibbs at my side. I'm paying at the counter. Gibbs is busy trying to convince everyone that he never gets fed at home. I turn away just a bit, and all of a sudden there's a border collie flying through the air, landing (mostly) on top of the counter, which is at least 3.5 ft high, maybe taller. I automatically grab his butt and hoist him up the rest of the way. He stands there, wagging his tail and grinning.

There are quite a few people in the store, and everyone loves Gibbs' new trick. When he gives the counter guy a quick lick on the chin, it's all over. Gibbs is Flavor of the Day at Western Farm.

He's never, ever done anything like that. I don't want to know what's next, I sorta like the surprises.

Ruth and SuperGibbs

Super Agent Man Gibbs!

(Celt once did something a little like that - checking into a motel, I asked him to put his front feet on the counter as the desk clerk wanted to give him a cookie. Next thing I knew, I had an entire dog on the counter, sitting for his treat! These are not your average dogs.)

Tommy, I'd not trust him with money. We'd probably come home with kittens or hand-crocheted dog bed covers.

Mara, if I could sew, I'd be looking into the cape thing.

Amy, he's actually much more confident in the last year. Since Terry left, I've been getting him out and about a lot more, and it shows. A couple friends have commented on how much calmer he is.

Did I tell you guys about the vet's comment? I took him to the orthopedist a few months ago, this guy is a wonderful vet. Dr. G is in his 60s probably, he's got to have seen thousands of dogs in his career.

We're chatting after the exam, and Gibbs is lying quietly on the floor, alert but calm. Dr. G looks at him, gets this big smile on his face and says, "He is REALLY cute!" I said, "It's the pink lips, isn't it?" Dr. says, "Yeah, the lips help, but it's the whole package."

I'm happy to be able to share the wonderfulness that is Gibbs with you guys!

Ruth and SuperGibbs

That is adorable. I haven't personally had a dog do that, but the manager at my local Petco has an adorable little pit bull that he brings in sometimes and she will jump on the counters to eat the treats off the counter. It's kind of funny because he used to be a dog trainer and always discouraged dogs jumping up on counters to get treats.