BC Boards

being a big brother

I have a situation that I am not sure is a good thing or a bad thing. My 7 year old Bear is very obedient and is the dominant male. Cisco who is also a male is almost 3 and they get along fine. Except for one thing, Cisco is alot like a cat in the fact that sometimes he tends to take his time when pottying or just coming in from outside. If I have to call Cisco more than once or use a harsher tone of voice, Bear will go out the door and correct Cisco by growling but really more of a grumble and then he will get behind Cisco to make sure he does what he is supposed to. Most of the time, it works out ok. BUT, last week we were all outside. Cisco saw a squirrel, he started to go after it but when I said "Cisco, NO!" He put the brakes on and stopped immediately. Unfortunely that did not stop Bear from running over and scuffing him on the neck. Even while I was saying "Off Bear" which usually does the trick. Should I keep Bear from correcting Cisco at all. Most of the time, it is fine, and he has never hurt Cisco, except for his feelings! Has anyone else ever had one of their Border Collies actually correct other dogs? Is this a good thing or something I need to stop now?