BC Boards

I have just realized I have posted mostly the same pose of Molly. Hmm. Ah well.

At 6 months she is limp free, growing like a weed, starting to "normalize" in terms of her proportions and is, of course, bad, bad, bad - in that good, good, good way :)

post-16487-0-74555300-1413462368_thumb.jpg

Standard Molly pose.

post-16487-0-73490000-1413462422_thumb.jpg

"What? Nothing to see here. Move along."

post-16487-0-38647900-1413462470_thumb.jpg

Weird lighting but a fairly good view of the emerging sheepdog...

Great looking dog. Glad she is doing so much better. I like Molly's fox-like muzzle. -- TEC

She has such a serene look about her I'm not sure I believe the bad, bad, bad 😉

post-16487-0-91758100-1414696561_thumb.jpg

Since this is my thread, I just want to say that I am bonkers for this dog,

She's #44 pounds now, 25 weeks old and there is nothing gangly or awkward about her - she is the most powerfully built and coordinated BC puppy I have ever seen. She's a tank. A graceful tank.

Anyway, here she is today. I expect I will keep adding to this thread as I go through my photos but this one made me catch my breath it is so HER.

Why did I think there was more than a copule of weeks between them?

She is GORGEOUS. And heck yes she is BUILT. In a very, very good way. Those thighs and shoulders are incredible.

Thanks Maralynn :)

CptJack, I knew you would like the last one - it reminds me so much of one you have of your Molly and it is in this photo that they really seem alike.

What a wonderful looking place.

Molly looks beautiful

great set of photos

Beautiful photos. Molly is so pretty and she looks like an adult dog. I am amazed that she is 44lbs. My Nattie is a tiny little thing. She is seven months old and only 28lbs.

This is Molly in the snow yesterday. We had a sudden and rather extreme snowfall which caused all sorts of problems. Stock in peril/stranded, power out, dogs injured, guard dog stranded/missing, etc. Most of us have slept very little in three or four days.

post-16487-0-62228900-1416328120_thumb.jpg

post-16487-0-38305600-1416328762_thumb.jpg

Yes, I really do feed her. Really, really. Well, I try. She does not like to eat much. She does like to run and jump and leap and chase and stalk things, though,

Nearly 7 months: 45.5#, even tempered (has not engaged the nasty cat), energetic (two modes: sleep or go), patient (will wait until the cows come home for almost anything), eager to please (no need for treats, she's just chuffed to make you happy), mischievous (hides things), great sense of humour (scares me randomly), stunningly adept at understanding contextual behaviour and rather stunningly stubborn in terms of timing.

She never fails a recall, but she pushes the "acceptable limit of pause between hearing command and response" to increasingly new highs. I am vaguely impressed by her ability to understand points of critical mass in individual situations and endlessly frustrated/entertained by her cleverness at exploiting the little "pause before the storm", to misquote Gandalf. She knows *exactly* when I am about to go from "Yeah, that's right, puppy, get your ass over here," to "Okay, that's a fail, in the house with you. Go, go, go."

Hahaha, how many times have I disciplined her (by way of not being happy with her), all the while smiling my stupid face off as I walk away - impressed, if nothing else, with the clever ways she has found of being bad.

I might have told this story but not long ago she wanted a chewie on the bed and I tossed her off as the rule is no chewies on beds or furniture. A little while later I hear this rustling and dragging and what not and go into my room and there is this puppy, getting her bed *onto* my bed and hopping up onto it with her chewie. She is allowed to have chewies on her bed - not on mine.

So ... hmmm... was that really bad or really good? I dunno. I laughed anyway :)

post-16487-0-57189200-1416328119_thumb.jpg

This picture is not of Molly but I thought some folks might find it interesting. This is a Nova Scotia Holly tree. At this time of year, when everything else has gone, the berries stay on the branches, bright and cheerful. We live in what would be a forest, essentially, if we did not keep it cleared, and there are places you can go on the farm and walk all afternoon and see only two colors - shades of grey and the red berries. It's actually very cool. They will stick on the trees until well after Christmas.

Back to being the worst snow plow driver ever :)

I might have told this story but not long ago she wanted a chewie on the bed and I tossed her off as the rule is no chewies on beds or furniture. A little while later I hear this rustling and dragging and what not and go into my room and there is this puppy, getting her bed *onto* my bed and hopping up onto it with her chewie. She is allowed to have chewies on her bed - not on mine.

Love this story.

Good luck dealing with the snow...looks beautiful, but it's hard and tiring work when there are stock to care for..I certainly don't envy you

Clever pup!! Gideon is the same way, food so-so, chews must have now, even if I have to rearrange the furniture first.