BC Boards

Kipp, Dec 2004 - May 2014

Maralynn

Ah, no. :( Cancer sucks so bad. I was hoping you'd have more time with him, but it's never enough time anyway. What an awesome little dog he was! I'm very sorry for your loss.

Run free, Kipp. You were always one of my board favorites.

Maralynn, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I've been following Kipp's story and I wasn't ready for this, so I know you can't have been either. We're never ready, no matter how long we have to prepare.

Your tribute to Kipp is beautiful. I know the hole he leaves in your heart is huge.

roxanne

We can learn so much from our dogs. The expressions he's making in those pictures, melts my heart to see a dog look so wonderfully happy. I believe he was both blessed and a blessing to you.

Nathan

"

Oh no..I was so hoping to hear that Kipp had rallied yet again. Kipp had a wonderful life with you and when the time came, you gave him the most difficult gift of all..you let him go. Run free at the Bridge Kipp - hugs for you Mara ..

"There is a cycle of love and death that shapes the lives of those who chose to travel in the company of animals. It is a cycle unlike any other. To those who have never lived through its turnings or walked its rocky path, our willingness to give our hearts with full knowledge that they will be broken seems incomprehensible. Only we know how small a price we pay for what we receive; our grief, no matter how powerful it may be, is an insufficient measure of the joy we have been given." Suzanne Clothier "Bones would Rain from the Sky

Thanks everyone. He was quite the dog and I miss him like crazy.It stormed last night and I started bawling because Kipp hated storms and my automatic response was to reach for meds or put him in the basement.

A couple people have tried to be helpful and mentioned "well at least it's not as bad as when you lost Missy". No, it is as bad. Different, but is sucks and hurts just as much. I know everyone here gets that and that means a lot right now.

A couple people have tried to be helpful and mentioned "well at least it's not as bad as when you lost Missy". No, it is as bad. Different, but is sucks and hurts just as much.

What a callous thing to say. Some people just don't think before they open their mouths. I'm sorry you had to experience that insensitivity.

Not callous, no. Just grasping for the positive, I think. Death is hard. People get flustered and rarely know what to say to it. I too am sorry that people don't understand, but don't resent them for it. We're here for support regardless.

Lost a dog, a sister-in-law, a cousin, and two cats, another cousin to cancer - recently. No fairsies!

The pain will - eventually - resolve to an ache. And then you can enjoy the memories.

• 5 weeks later...