BC Boards

Scared of the hoover

Betty goes absolutely mad when ever the Hoover goes on. She runs round the edge of the room wanting to lunge in at it. She can be distracted against it but that behaviour still remains. I've tried leaving it out in the middle of the room and using it in short bursts etc but have had no improvements. Does anyone have experience with this that they would like to share with me? Please and thank you :)

2 of my dogs have a love/hate relationship with the vacuum. whenever I tried to vacuum, the dogs would lunge and attack it. even picking it up and giving it a shake. it cracked me up. I thought it was such a hoot. still do, but it makes it impossible to get the job done. so now I have to put them outside or in a bedroom while I do the rest of the house. when I need a good laugh I let them out to save me from the nasty vacuum! the 3rd dog just goes and hides when I bring it out!

Rufftie- that sounds like it could be funny! GentleLake-I will look into the de sensitisation stuff some more. I live in an old terraced home, even if she isn't in the same room , she can't really be in a place where she can escape the grizzly that is the Hoover. Thanks for the advice.