BC Boards

Star: All grown up

Star

It's been a while since I checked in. Busy, busy. But a friend took this lovely pic of Star and I had to share. From fluffy puppy to lovely girl. She's 3 now and she's a good dog, thanks in large part to all of the advice on this forum!

post-10937-0-65095400-1386678721_thumb.jpg

Thank you. I really think this girl needs to herd...in this pic she is looking at a squirrel and getting quite businesslike about it. I know squirrels aren't sheep, but she really displays very strong herding tendencies. I made that big error of getting her from technically a back yard breeder; guy who owned a ranch and bred litters here and there. I don't know much about her breeding, just that her parents were both working dogs(I saw her mother working when I went to get her, he said his son used her Dad to herd his cattle) and she was a happy and healthy puppy. Mother was well trained and happy and health as well. Which was enough for me after some very depressing experiences in my search, including a puppy mill and too many pound visits. And I fondly recalled my uncle's farm bred collies that he used for his sheep and goats. Well, I lucked out on her. She is a good dog. Too bad I don't have sheep or the time to go anywhere. Maybe someday....