BC Boards

Meet Ms.Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell is a very fetching young lady (see what I did there... fetching... she has a ball... I'll be here all week, folks). :P

Seriously, though, congrats to your parents on the new addition and bless you for rescuing! She really is a beautiful girl. I love that little white spot on her right ear! How old is Ms. Tinkerbell, just out of curiosity?

Tinkerbell is a very fetching young lady (see what I did there... fetching... she has a ball... I'll be here all week, folks). :P

Seriously, though, congrats to your parents on the new addition and bless you for rescuing! She really is a beautiful girl. I love that little white spot on her right ear! How old is Ms. Tinkerbell, just out of curiosity?

Lol that's a good one.

She is 15months. Born 8-10-12.

She is registered with the Abca. What exactly does that mean? Anything like akc?

ABCA? If so that's the American Border Collie Association.

Not like AKC. No conformation or the other stuff that AKC does.

Yes sorry my phone auto corrected. Is it for stock dog trials? And not that it matters, but does that mean she is purebred?

Thank you we appreciate the information.

Yes, it means that she's purebred.

I wish it were only for working dogs, but many of the sports bred and color bred dogs are ABCA. It's just a registry, although one against breeding BCs for conformation and that wants to preserve the working dog. But unfortunately, like the AKC, it's no guarantee of quality and good breeding.

Yes, it means that she's purebred.

I wish it were only for working dogs, but many of the sports bred and color bred dogs are ABCA. It's just a registry, although one against breeding BCs for conformation and that wants to preserve the working dog. But unfortunately, like the AKC, it's no guarantee of quality and good breeding.

Ok good information. Thank you!