BC Boards

We just adopted this little cat form the humane society and her and Emmie really like each other. It's pretty cute.

emmiejulie.jpg

That's a lovely photo. How old is Emmie?

Golan, our 6 month old, is still a bit intense around our cats. When we first brought them home though, about 6 years ago, our BCX Hoshanah 'mommied' them. She was about 6 1/2 back then. To this day the rub against her purring, when they're not intimidated by the puppy.

Thanks! Yes, this little kitty is only six months old, I was surprised at how bold she is and how interested in the dog she is. I wonder if it's the colour and markings (Mom! I never thought I'd see you again!).

medic, Emmie just turned two. I've had her for about six months. She is also pretty obsessive about cats in that she gets all crouch-yy and stalk-y when she sees one and wants to follow them around in stealth mode. Our cats, though, aren't intimidated and readily approach her and rub up against her and when they do, poor Emmie doesn't know what to do. In this case, Emmie was resting in her crate and the cat just walked in and laid down with her. You can see Emmie's sort of bemused by the situation.

We do discourage her from obsessing on the cats because it can get irritating when she wants to stalk them all over the house. This little kitty really likes her, though, and it's funny to see Emmie's reaction to her when she rubs up against her, purring, etc.