BC Boards

Hi, newbie here

cly

I'm new to Border Collies, so please excuse my ignorance. I had a dog land in my lap (long story), and I'm trying to figure out her age, and if she is actually a BC.

The vet thought she was a "mini" and over a year old (due to her big adult teeth), but she only lost her puppy teeth a month or so ago. Someone else said maybe she was part Corgi, but I'm really not seeing it. If I had to guess, I'd say she's 6 months, but honestly, I don't have a clue. She is pretty small, at only 19 lbs, and she doesn't have that cute lanky leggy look that a lot of young Border Collies have (from what I've seen, anyway). She's actually kind of round-ish. I don't overfeed her, she's just a bit of an endomorph.

Anyway, I've been hanging out lurking on the boards for a few months now, and only just got the nerve to sign up and post. So... hi!

post-15478-0-48883200-1378949969_thumb.jpg

A 6 months they still may not have all their adult teeth in yet. Puppy teeth should be gone by then, but not necessarily all the adult teeth fully grown in. So if they're fully in, I'd suspect she may be somewhat older than 6 months.

From the picture, still looks puppyish . . . but she also looks like she could be part beagle. Whatever she is she's very cute and the two of you are lucky to have found each other. :)

A 6 months they still may not have all their adult teeth in yet. Puppy teeth should be gone by then, but not necessarily all the adult teeth fully grown in. So if they're fully in, I'd suspect she may be somewhat older than 6 months.

From the picture, still looks puppyish . . . but she also looks like she could be part beagle. Whatever she is she's very cute and the two of you are lucky to have found each other. :)

The first thing I thought was beagle cross, too... Very cute girl. Beagle would explain her roundness.

Very cute. Welcome to the boards.

Thank you!

I never thought of beagle. Although I have to say, I'm the lucky one in this relationship. :wub:

Welcome! It's hard to tell from the photo, but I see a little terrier maybe in the face. Which could account for size too. Either way very cute dog.

Ah, that's interesting. I hadn't thought of terrier either.

The first thing I thought was beagle cross, too... Very cute girl. Beagle would explain her roundness.

She certainly is round.. I worry about it sometimes. She does get a decent amount of exercise, but she gets tired in the heat easily.

I couldn't tell you what you wish to know, I have no idea. I would however, like to welcome you here from a fellow noob.

Haha, thanks! :D

So cute!!!! Welcome!

Thank you!

Cutie patootie! Probably a BC mix - with beagle or terrier as suggested above. I fostered a black tri JRT mixed with either BC or Aussie, and she was a doll - so I bet your pup will be great too. Enjoy.

Jovi

Ohh, Jack Russells are so dang cute. I'm a bit of a terrier person, actually, so that wouldn't be so bad, hehe.

I have a few more pictures of her ears being silly. They can't figure out what position to be in. :lol:

post-15478-0-04916500-1379011923_thumb.jpgpost-15478-0-21260200-1379011930_thumb.jpgpost-15478-0-27562300-1379011939_thumb.jpgpost-15478-0-16118000-1379011946_thumb.jpg