BC Boards

ABCA papers

Could somebody tell me how to transfer the ABCA registration papers to my name? The transfer of ownership has been signed and dated, but do I need to send them in somewhere? I couldn't seem to find anything on the ABCA page.

Sorry for the noob question, lol. This is my first ABCA BC =P

You can go to this page (http://www.americanbordercollie.org/registration.html) for information and an address - however, there is a new registrar/secretary for the ABCA, Debbie Bailey, as of September 1st (I think), and I don't have her address here with me. I am sure someone else will give you that address before I get home and can access it there.

I know this says why they are returned so make sure these are filled out right.
Transfer Applications Returned Because:
• payment is omitted
• signature is omitted
• there is only one signature of a dog co-owned by John and Jane Doe
• original registration certificate is omitted

If you are paying by VISA a processing fee applies, increasing the total fee for each service to the following: Annual Memberships - $11.00; Life Memberships - $110; Basic Registrations and Transfers - $12.00; Replacement certificates- $5.50; OFA Notations - $4.50. See Registration Form or Membership Form for further details.

Registration Fees
•Annual Membership - $10.00
•Lifetime Membership - $100.00
• $11.00 fee for each dog registered ($22.00 if the dog is more than one year old but less than two years old, and $33.00 plus DNA test if the dog is more than two years old)
• $11.00 fee for each transfer of ownership (accompanied by original ABCA registration certificate)
• $5.00 fee for replacement certificate or corrections
• $4.00 fee for the OFA clearance notation (accompanied by the OFA certificate and the original ABCA registration certificate)
•$4.00 fee for the CEA clearance notation (accompanied by a "Normal" certificate from OptiGen and the original ABCA registration certificate)
•$1.00 fee for decals
If paid by Visa the Fees are as follows:

•Annual Membership - $11.00
• Lifetime Membership - $110.00
• Registrations - $12.00 ($24.00 if the dog is more than one year old but less than two years old, and $36.00 plus DNA test if the dog is more than two years old)
• Transfers of ownership: $12.00
•Replacement certificate or corrections - $5.50
• OFA - $4.50
•CEA - $4.50
• Decals - $1.25

For more information about the registration process, please check our FAQ.

For more information contact:
American Border Collie Association, Inc.
[deleted to avoid confusion]

They are very nice to work with and will answer any question or at least Patty did sure the new person will also.
Jan

Ooh, I wish I had seen this one second after the OP had posted!

Mellykca, the ABCA office is moving from MS to GA, over the course of this week and next week. That's why you've gotten confusing answers. The contact info in the website footer is supposed to be changed tomorrow, but everybody, please use the new office address from this moment on. This is the new contact info (thanks for posting it, Elizabeth):

American Border Collie Association

P.O. Box 100

Cataula, GA 31804

Phone: 706-322-4400 * Fax: 706-322-4004

ABCA@americanbordercollie.org

To get your dog transferred into your name, send the original registration certificate -- with the Transfer of Ownership section in the bottom left of the certificate properly filled out with your name and address, and signed by the previous owner -- together with $11 if you are paying by check, to the new office. If you are paying by credit card, you will need to include credit card information, and the charge will be $12. There are no additional forms to fill out.

If you have any further questions, please post, and I promise to be paying attention this time. :)

Ooh, I wish I had seen this one second after the OP had posted!

Mellykca, the ABCA office is moving from MS to GA, over the course of this week and next week. That's why you've gotten confusing answers. The contact info in the website footer is supposed to be changed tomorrow, but everybody, please use the new office address from this moment on. This is the new contact info (thanks for posting it, Elizabeth):

American Border Collie Association

P.O. Box 100

Cataula, GA 31804

Phone: 706-322-4400 * Fax: 706-322-4004

ABCA@americanbordercollie.org

To get your dog transferred into your name, send the original registration certificate -- with the Transfer of Ownership section in the bottom left of the certificate properly filled out with your name and address, and signed by the previous owner -- together with $11 if you are paying by check, to the new office. If you are paying by credit card, you will need to include credit card information, and the charge will be $12. There are no additional forms to fill out.

If you have any further questions, please post, and I promise to be paying attention this time. :)

Thank you so much! Do you know about how long it takes to be processed and the new papers to be sent back?

Mellykca, either ABCA or American Border Collie Association is fine for making the check out. Normally, the turn-around time is very quick -- within a week -- but because the office is moving right now I can't really tell you how long it will take at this particular time. I doubt it would be more than 2-3 weeks from the time you send it in, and it could be considerably less. Please be patient -- this is the first time the office has been moved and the registrar changed in more than 26 years, so it is a major operation.

rlwzgd, if you're making the change in name along with a change in ownership, there is no additional fee for the name change. Just send in a note. BUT, if the dog in question already has registered offspring, the name cannot be changed. Sometimes it will be possible to add the new name in parenthesis on the papers after the old name, if you wish, but often that can't be done because it would exceed the limit of 14 characters allowed for a dog's name. (Note that we do not go in for long kennel-club-type names -- the entire name cannot exceed 14 characters in length, and spaces count as characters.) I believe the fee for a name change alone, unconnected with a change in ownership, is $5.00.