BC Boards

Adding a new BC to our family

We have two Border Collies, Scout (14 years of age), Rebel (13 years of age) and our rescue dog, Comet (Retriever). Monday afternoon we drove up to Mike's place in Portland TN. Mike trains Border Collies and this is where Scout and Rebel came from. We have been thinking of adding another BC to our farm for a few months. We were not looking for color or certain characteristics. Just a BC that would fit our family and what we need on the farm. Scout has slowed down alot as well as Rebel.

Mike had a few dogs for sale. We knew we wanted a dog that was out of a certain blood line and so that narrowed our choices. We liked TY alot, he is 18 months old. But then Mike said, I have a BC that was born here and I have had him for 8 years. I am getting older and would prefer that Jake only go to a good home. I know you guys have had Scout and Rebel a long time and that tells me Jake would be in good hands If your interested.

Well it was as if Jake picked us out. Soon as he came out, he greeted us and then we watched him work the cows. Soon as Hubby saw Jake work the cows I had a feeling we would be coming home with Jake. Taylor, our youngest daughter was hoping we would get Ty and Jake but we explained that it was a hard choice and we were not going home with two (tempting as it was). Besides one day we will get a pup from Jake. Mike wants us to keep him as a stud and would like to use him with his female BC.

So today we are off to go get Jake and give him a forever home. Just so you know our youngest daughter will be leaving for college in August. On the way home, Taylor said "So I go off to college and you replace me with a Border Collie". What's wrong with this picture?

We just laughed and smiled. She does have a point huh?

Just so you know our youngest daughter will be leaving for college in August. On the way home, Taylor said "So I go off to college and you replace me with a Border Collie". What's wrong with this picture?

:) Smart girl.

Good Luck with your new addition.

Jovi

When I went to college, I was replaced with a dog... And then my dog preferred her, too (not terribly surprised given he was a male). Congrats on the new edition! Wishing you many years of good work...

Here are pictures of Jake with hubby. He is eight years old and seems to be enjoying his new life. Jake has been with the same trainer/owner. He wanted Jake to have a good home. Our two border collies, Scout and Rebel have embraced him into the family. Our rescue dog, Comet (retriever) wasn't so sure about him. She is slowly warming up to him. There have been no fights and everyone seems to be happy.

post-581-0-06697200-1372970465_thumb.jpg

post-581-0-16108800-1372970539_thumb.jpg